Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help to convert VB.net code

Help to convert VB.net code

id10t error

I am making an ASP.net page where a user has a hand-held scanner
running Internet Explorer. It has a finger scanner attached. When the
user scans an item i want it to automatically input the data without
the user pressing enter. I did this for another project in vb.net with
the following coded
If Asc(e.KeyChar) = Keys.Enter Then

I tried to copy this into the asp.net program and get this error.
'KeyChar' is not member of'System.eventArgs'

How can i get this to work?

Manish

I think you can trap the Enter key in the JavaScript code client side using
this code

if (event.keyCode == 13) {
//alert(message);
return false;