Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

Ori Wainshtein

Hi,

Where can I locate drivers for Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 for Windows 2003 X64?
I have tried even installing MS ACCESS 2003 on the server, but the Jet
drivers were not installed.
Server has the latest MDAC version.

Kind Regards,
Ori

Doug Forster

Hi Ori,

> Where can I locate drivers for Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 for Windows 2003
> X64?
> I have tried even installing MS ACCESS 2003 on the server, but the Jet
> drivers were not installed.

I don't have that exact OS handy but generally 32bit Jet comes natively with
WindowsXP onwards including SYSWOW 64bit OS's so I'd be surprised if it
isn't already on Win2003 X64. Have you looked in the Wow6432Node key?

> Server has the latest MDAC version.

MS stopped distributing Jet with MDAC some years back.

However Jet is deprecated - there is *no* 64bit version. If you are a
programmer and need a comparable light weight (and free) database you might
like to look SQL Server Compact
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/edition...t/default.mspx

Cheers
Doug Forster