Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Passing multiple values using Response.Redirect

Passing multiple values using Response.Redirect

Anne

hie there, i want to be able to pass multiple parameters
to another page. currently, i am able to do so, but
somehow i feel it is not the correct way to do it. below
is part of what i have so far.

'first page
Private Sub btnOK_ServerClick(ByVal sender As
btnOK.Click
Response.Redirect("InputValues.aspx?Requestor=" &
txtRequestor.Text & " Lower= " & txtLower.Text)
End Sub

'second page
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Dim strRequestor As String
strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)
End Sub

the output i will get is :
Requestor = * Lower = 10

My question is, how can i pass the 2nd parameter(in the
txtLower.Text) to the next page without passing the
keyword "Lower" and still obtain the same output?

i want my second page to look like this:

Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Dim strRequestor As String
Dim strLower As String
strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)
Response.Write("<br>")
strLower = Request.QueryString("Lower")
Response.Write(strLower)
End Sub

Please help, and thanx in advance.

Natty Gur

Hi,

You can use Server.Transfer("InputValues.aspx",true) to call the
InputValues.aspx page with the Form and QueryString data.

You can also take advantage of Context while using
Server.Transfer("InputValues.aspx") and send any data that you want via
Context.Items

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Anne

hie natty. thanx 4 your reply. i've tried using your
method, but i still do not get the output i wanted, that
is how do i pass multiple parameters to the next page.
Thanx!

***
>.

Natty Gur

Hi,
The calling page :
Context.Items.Add("DataA","yourData");
Context.Items.Add("ObjectData",System.DateTime.Now );

the target page :

string StringData = (string)Context["DataA"];
System.DateTime oDateTime = (System.DateTime)Context["ObjectData"]

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

makthar

First method:

If you are using the request.querystring use "&" between
the values

Response.Redirect("InputValues.aspx?Requestor=" &
txtRequestor.Text & "&Lower= " & txtLower.Text)

InputValues.aspx page retrieve the values:

strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)

strLower = Request.QueryString("Lower")
Response.Write("Lower = " & strLower)

Second Method:

Use session Variables if you don't want to display these
values in the header

on page 1
session("Requestor")=txtRequestor.Text
Session("Lower")=txtlower.text
response.redirect("InputValues.aspx")

In the InputValues.aspx page
strRequestor=session("Requestor")
strLower=Session("Lower")
Session("Requestor")=nothing
Session("Lower")=nothing

Hope that helps.

David Waz...

Do you HAVE to use the 2nd page. Sometimes it's best to do the processing
in a single page...

Assuming you have to do it that way,
why not use Session to transfer the data. Just clean up after yourself on
the 2nd page by removing the values after you extract the values.

"Natty Gur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> You can use Server.Transfer("InputValues.aspx",true) to call the
> InputValues.aspx page with the Form and QueryString data.
>
> You can also take advantage of Context while using
> Server.Transfer("InputValues.aspx") and send any data that you want via
> Context.Items
>
> Natty Gur, CTO
> Dao2Com Ltd.
> 28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
> Israel , 51114
>
> Phone Numbers:
> Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
> Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
> Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377
>
> Know the overall picture

Anne

hie makthar! thanx a lot 4 your help. it solved my prob!

&
>> txtRequestor.Text & " Lower= " & txtLower.Text)
>>End Sub
>>
>>'second page
>>Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,

>ByVal
>>e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
>> 'Put user code to initialize the page here
>> Dim strRequestor As String
>> strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
>> Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)
>>End Sub
>>
>>the output i will get is :
>>Requestor = * Lower = 10
>>
>>My question is, how can i pass the 2nd parameter(in the
>>txtLower.Text) to the next page without passing the
>>keyword "Lower" and still obtain the same output?
>>
>>i want my second page to look like this:
>>
>>Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,

>ByVal
>>e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
>> 'Put user code to initialize the page here
>> Dim strRequestor As String
>> Dim strLower As String
>> strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
>> Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)
>> Response.Write("<br>")
>> strLower = Request.QueryString("Lower")
>> Response.Write(strLower)
>>End Sub
>>
>>Please help, and thanx in advance.
>>
>>.
>>

>.

Anne

thanx david 4 your suggestion. appreciate it very much.

***