Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Line filter and incomplete files

Line filter and incomplete files

tedf@????.???

I have asked this question in the Agent group and have gotten no
answer.

I have a filter that excludes all posts between 1 and 9999 lines.
However, I find that it does not work on incomplete files that are
within that range. But if I manually filter, it will take these
incompletes out. Is this normal for agent's filtering system? What
gives?

why?

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:59:50 -0600, tedf@????.??? wrote:

>I have asked this question in the Agent group and have gotten no
>answer.

Then wait.

Hopefully you mentioned what ver of Agent, Forte Agent 1.93/32.576
English (American), and not made anybody look at the msg headers.

D/L a newer version and install in a test folder and try it.

>I have a filter that excludes all posts between 1 and 9999 lines.
>However, I find that it does not work on incomplete files that are
>within that range. But if I manually filter, it will take these

Nice, that you didn't include your filter or the manual steps.

>incompletes out. Is this normal for agent's filtering system? What

Check the helpfile, although don't recall any detection for incompletes.

So you know it's incomplete, and Agent has a flag for it but maybe it
doesn't count until it's not incomplete (some lines but not the total,
as these are different things) which you have to ignore another way.

Workout a regex with both line count and a (n/m) test.

>gives?

Me

richard

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:59:50 -0600, tedf@????.??? wrote:

>I have asked this question in the Agent group and have gotten no
>answer.
>
>I have a filter that excludes all posts between 1 and 9999 lines.
>However, I find that it does not work on incomplete files that are
>within that range. But if I manually filter, it will take these
>incompletes out. Is this normal for agent's filtering system? What
>gives?

According to what I read, you are wanting to filter out "ALL" posts.
Then how do you see any of them?

you are using the [lo,hi] filter method right?

I looked through the help files and could not see anything that
suggested how to filter out incompletes per se. But you might be able
to set up a scoring system so that if the lines don't match, trash it.

For a much better binary reader get www.newsbin.com
It automatically ignores incomplete files.