Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Do you need to use Java script in ASP .Net?

Reply
Thread Tools

Do you need to use Java script in ASP .Net?

 
 
Jerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
Hi, Experts,
With the great functionalities in ASP .net, do we still need to use
JavaScript? Thanks

Jerry



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alvin Bruney
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
You don't 'have to' use javascript in the page. you can always use
attributes and code behind to emit javascript, or stream the javascript from
the server. with that said, it's often easier just to write the javascript
in the page itself. Clientside stuff will always be rendered with javascript
or whatever the scripting language is. that's the nature of the beast but
..net has removed a lot of the hassle.

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsn0Oa.75689$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> Hi, Experts,
> With the great functionalities in ASP .net, do we still need to use
> JavaScript? Thanks
>
> Jerry
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
Steve and Alvin, thank you for your reponses. Then I will embed the
Javascripts in web forms when necessary. Thanks again.


Jerry


"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:uLjBn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't 'have to' use javascript in the page. you can always use
> attributes and code behind to emit javascript, or stream the javascript

from
> the server. with that said, it's often easier just to write the javascript
> in the page itself. Clientside stuff will always be rendered with

javascript
> or whatever the scripting language is. that's the nature of the beast but
> .net has removed a lot of the hassle.
>
> "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsn0Oa.75689$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> > Hi, Experts,
> > With the great functionalities in ASP .net, do we still need to use
> > JavaScript? Thanks
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Kevin Spencer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
Another point: An ASP.Net is an application with both server-side and
client-side functionality. Good development technique dictates that one
should make the best possible use of resources both on the client and on the
server. Anything you can put on the client to process is going to save you a
bunch of resources on the server, as the client is only processing for
itself, while the server is processing for ALL clients, which can be quite a
few if your web site has any traffic at all. JavaScript is a vital aspect of
ASP.Net technology (how else could you use ViewState, for one?). Disabling
it, or trying to do without it, is counter-productive.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ez4Oa.76616$(E-Mail Removed) e.rogers.com...
> Steve and Alvin, thank you for your reponses. Then I will embed the
> Javascripts in web forms when necessary. Thanks again.
>
>
> Jerry
>
>
> "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
> message news:uLjBn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You don't 'have to' use javascript in the page. you can always use
> > attributes and code behind to emit javascript, or stream the javascript

> from
> > the server. with that said, it's often easier just to write the

javascript
> > in the page itself. Clientside stuff will always be rendered with

> javascript
> > or whatever the scripting language is. that's the nature of the beast

but
> > .net has removed a lot of the hassle.
> >
> > "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsn0Oa.75689$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> > > Hi, Experts,
> > > With the great functionalities in ASP .net, do we still need to use
> > > JavaScript? Thanks
> > >
> > > Jerry
> > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to execute a script from another script and other script does notdo busy wait. Rajat Python 3 01-08-2010 02:05 PM
RE: How to execute a script from another script and other script doesnotdo busy wait. VYAS ASHISH M-NTB837 Python 2 01-07-2010 08:18 PM
JAVA 3D: How would you draw a point cloud? What classes wold you use? Misterysword@hotmail.com Java 0 04-12-2007 11:03 AM
What do you use java for ? AndDoes Java make you feel happy? zelzel.zsu@gmail.com Java 15 11-12-2005 03:54 AM
How to use cookies in codebehind or use script in html in ASP.Net =?Utf-8?B?S2hhaXJvbA==?= ASP .Net 0 12-10-2004 12:13 AM



Advertisments