Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IS POSSIBLE to use server side control from WITHIN xmlDocument???

IS POSSIBLE to use server side control from WITHIN xmlDocument???

KathyB

Hi,

Been reading for two days posts on server and client side controls,
etc., but still not clear about this...

I have an xml control serving up an html xml/xsl transformation.
Within that, I need to do a couple of on_click buttons (to capture
system time and send it to another frame).

I also need to capture a couple of user text inputs (measurements).

(1) Can/should I use asp controls within the xsl stylesheet? or is
regular html <input> buttons the way.

(2) How can I capture an input textbox? I need to update the loaded
xml DOM with this when the user clicks on a Verify button and compare
it to two attributes (a range validation).

ANY comments and/or EXAMPLES most welcome...this is really the last
sticking point I have at the moment and its making my head swim!!!

New to asp.net etc., so please be kind!

Thanks, Kathy :-]