Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Further to 'Wireless newtork adapter/laptop won't connect to internet

Further to 'Wireless newtork adapter/laptop won't connect to internet

Trevor

Have been through all these:

Hi
Start with this page, it would help you to focus on the problem rather than
the phenomenon.
When you get to the point that seem to be problematic you come back for
further focused help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

All OK in Device Manager.
Belkin says the systray icon changes from red to blue when adapter is
working. It has changed to blue but still n ot working.

Trevor

When I try to switch off the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility it won't
let me as the button to save changes is greyed out.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to check
if the Wireless is functional.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0ff8$47ae24a5$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> When I try to switch off the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility it
> won't let me as the button to save changes is greyed out.

Trevor

news:OEn%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to
> check if the Wireless is functional.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0ff8$47ae24a5$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> When I try to switch off the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility it
>> won't let me as the button to save changes is greyed out.

It is switched off.

Jack

Hi
At this point I would try another card.
That said, it is easy for me to do so coz I have spare cards.
If you can not borrow, or easily get another card, you can try to reinstall
Windows.
If reinstalling Windows does Not help it is the Card.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:224e8$47aed2f9$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OEn%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to
>> check if the Wireless is functional.
>> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:c0ff8$47ae24a5$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>>> When I try to switch off the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility it
>>> won't let me as the button to save changes is greyed out.
>>>

> It is switched off.

Trevor

"Jack" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> At this point I would try another card.
> That said, it is easy for me to do so coz I have spare cards.
> If you can not borrow, or easily get another card, you can try to
> reinstall Windows.
> If reinstalling Windows does Not help it is the Card.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:224e8$47aed2f9$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>>
>> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OEn%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi
>>> Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to
>>> check if the Wireless is functional.
>>> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
>>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>>
>>> "Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:c0ff8$47ae24a5$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>>>>

>> It is switched off.

Do you mean in case the card is faulty? It's not because I have borrowed it
from my sons PC and when I put it back there it works.

I will need to buy a card for the PC but there's no point if its not going
to work.

Trevor

By a strange quirk I did have to re-install windows since originally finding
the card wouldn't work - simply because it stopped booting.

I think the PC may be too old and low spec for Xp if that could have any
bearin gon things?

I have a feeling this laptops heading for the bin.

Jack

Hi
If it is very old it might not work with 32bit cards and needs an old 16bit
card.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6714f$47af69f9$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> By a strange quirk I did have to re-install windows since originally
> finding the card wouldn't work - simply because it stopped booting.
>
> I think the PC may be too old and low spec for Xp if that could have any
> bearin gon things?
>
> I have a feeling this laptops heading for the bin.

Trevor

and is there any way of finding out?