Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Packard Bell - Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk, and Press Enter

Packard Bell - Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk, and Press Enter

Frits

Hi Group.

My brother have this problem, on this Packard Bell desktop computer,
S/N: 1233 6175 0312
P/N: PB34354686
UTOW-BOS
NS-Model: AD008F

While start up - the first time that he put power on,
Show the following error on screen (black screen and in white text)

NVIDIA Boot Agent 231.0528

Client Mac Addr: 0017317231FF
GUID: AC23CBAF-B996-DB11-8000-4E45435F4349 ----- /

PXE-E53: No Boot Filename Received
PXE-MOF: Exting NVIDIA Boot Agent
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK, AND PRESS ENTER.

When i press enter the computer reboot and start this from begin (read up)
again.
I don't know preciosly what it is, i read things in the product search on:
http://support.packardbell.com/nl/it...n=123361750312
This is a model with a wireless remote control but my brother don't have
this.
Maybe don't important for my upper problem.

Is it a error from Packard Bell and i most i install with a CDrom?
Or is it a error about the NVIDIA, i think it is the videocard, if i have
right otherwise please change me?

But by reboot, the PC don't go further whole to desktop vieuw, the computer
stops while shown the upper "AND PRESS ENTER".

Please can someone here help me, how to let reboot the computer to the
desktop?
And i can not use internet, so if i most download something i most use my
internet to put on a cd-rom.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Frans
(Frits)

philo

"Frits" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e7e69$47ae0841$5352a8a2$(E-Mail Removed) el.net...
> Hi Group.
>
> My brother have this problem, on this Packard Bell desktop computer,
> S/N: 1233 6175 0312
> P/N: PB34354686
> UTOW-BOS
> NS-Model: AD008F
>
> While start up - the first time that he put power on,
> Show the following error on screen (black screen and in white text)
> ================================================== =======
>
> NVIDIA Boot Agent 231.0528
>
> Client Mac Addr: 0017317231FF
> GUID: AC23CBAF-B996-DB11-8000-4E45435F4349 ----- /
>
> PXE-E53: No Boot Filename Received
> PXE-MOF: Exting NVIDIA Boot Agent
> DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK, AND PRESS ENTER.
>
> ================================================== =======
> When i press enter the computer reboot and start this from begin (read up)
> again.
> I don't know preciosly what it is, i read things in the product search on:
> http://support.packardbell.com/nl/it...n=123361750312
> This is a model with a wireless remote control but my brother don't have
> this.
> Maybe don't important for my upper problem.
>
> Is it a error from Packard Bell and i most i install with a CDrom?
> Or is it a error about the NVIDIA, i think it is the videocard, if i have
> right otherwise please change me?
>
> But by reboot, the PC don't go further whole to desktop vieuw, the

computer
> stops while shown the upper "AND PRESS ENTER".
>
> Please can someone here help me, how to let reboot the computer to the
> desktop?
> And i can not use internet, so if i most download something i most use my
> internet to put on a cd-rom.

The machine cannot find the operating systems
so it is attempting a network boot.

Go into the bios and make sure the harddrive is being detected...
also check the boot order to be sure it's listed prior to the network boot
option.

To enter your bios setup ...
you may have to press the delete key during bootup...

the screen should give you a message such as: hit <delete> to enter setup

Otherwise consult the computer's manual.

If the bios cannot find the harddrive...it may very well have failed...
but it's advisable to at least check the conections

Frits

I send this to your e-mailaddress and answer the group, so i don't know if
you read the 24 support helpdesk everytime!>

Hi Philo,

First of all thanks for your very good help!!! ))
I am from the Netherlands, so my English is a bit strange i hope that you
can understand it.
I think you do, so you read my problem very well, i say to my brother i dont
think when the comp stops on this point, i have that once myself by my own
computer. I use a extern harddisk, so when i put on this on or off in wrong
time for comp, and reboot, then the comp stops in the begin too and say
this: The boot devices are changed press dell to enter bios setup, ( it is a
bit time back so i don't know right now).
So i change my start up boot order and look that this was changed.

I think you mean that this is the same problem!?

I have look this some hours back by my brother his computer and i saw that
the first boot order was not the Harddisk!
Think it was the recovery disk by Pakard Bell, so the computer change this
automaticly maybe there was a problem that occure while he press some wrong
button or something, he have not so much patience then me, so he use this
computer also in his business.
He most out when i look this so time was not so much to look this better.
But i tought first that somethings matter with his NVIDIA files.

Look please this link, this computer he have,
http://support.packardbell.com/nl/it...n=123361750312

With Windows XP ( i think it is home that he use )
What is the adviced boot order in bios then?
Please can you give me the list how to configure that in wich order this
most be?
This machine don't have floppy, no extern harddisk!
But have build inside in front of the computer some SD card readers, a
CDrom/writer and a DVD player (or writer).

When i most re-install files it most be probarly done by the Packard Bell
purper doll in the right side by the taskbare to the clock.
So i don't think that i most use this, i hope not!
Sometimes it came back, by me it was not happend one time by change boot
devices in bios.

So what is normaly the boot order list on the 3 places in bios?
And most i only use 3 places?
Every where on the internet i saw some different boot order device like a
list on 1 ......, 2........., 3............
And then i can use enabled or disabled, but this is only on the 4nd place,
if the comp have this option?

Is in this situation not better to setup first place: Harddisk ?, but more
people say better is the CD-rom.
But why more times i read this that CD-rom most be no.1?

Please can you help me with this boot order list?
I most know this before i make more change about his computer, all important
files that are gone, so he don't make backup.
I shall advice to do that while this problem occure more times, never know
what happends!

Sorry for my much words but sometimes is better to know how happend some
things!

Thanks in advance,
There are good people too on this world )

Kind Regards,
Frans
(Frits)

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Frits" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e7e69$47ae0841$5352a8a2$(E-Mail Removed) el.net...
>> Hi Group.
>>
>> My brother have this problem, on this Packard Bell desktop computer,
>> S/N: 1233 6175 0312
>> P/N: PB34354686
>> UTOW-BOS
>> NS-Model: AD008F
>>
>> While start up - the first time that he put power on,
>> Show the following error on screen (black screen and in white text)
>> ================================================== =======
>>
>> NVIDIA Boot Agent 231.0528
>>
>> Client Mac Addr: 0017317231FF
>> GUID: AC23CBAF-B996-DB11-8000-4E45435F4349 ----- /
>>
>> PXE-E53: No Boot Filename Received
>> PXE-MOF: Exting NVIDIA Boot Agent
>> DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK, AND PRESS ENTER.
>>
>> ================================================== =======
>> When i press enter the computer reboot and start this from begin (read
>> up)
>> again.
>> I don't know preciosly what it is, i read things in the product search
>> on:
>> http://support.packardbell.com/nl/it...n=123361750312
>> This is a model with a wireless remote control but my brother don't have
>> this.
>> Maybe don't important for my upper problem.
>>
>> Is it a error from Packard Bell and i most i install with a CDrom?
>> Or is it a error about the NVIDIA, i think it is the videocard, if i have
>> right otherwise please change me?
>>
>> But by reboot, the PC don't go further whole to desktop vieuw, the

> computer
>> stops while shown the upper "AND PRESS ENTER".
>>
>> Please can someone here help me, how to let reboot the computer to the
>> desktop?
>> And i can not use internet, so if i most download something i most use my
>> internet to put on a cd-rom.
>>

> The machine cannot find the operating systems
> so it is attempting a network boot.
>
> Go into the bios and make sure the harddrive is being detected...
> also check the boot order to be sure it's listed prior to the network boot
> option.
>
> To enter your bios setup ...
> you may have to press the delete key during bootup...
>
> the screen should give you a message such as: hit <delete> to enter setup
>
> Otherwise consult the computer's manual.
>
> If the bios cannot find the harddrive...it may very well have failed...
> but it's advisable to at least check the conections

philo

(My reply is at bottom)

"Frits" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:b0467$47ae1966$5352a8a2$(E-Mail Removed) abel.net...
> [...]

> And then i can use enabled or disabled, but this is only on the 4nd place,
> if the comp have this option?
>
> Is in this situation not better to setup first place: Harddisk ?, but more
> people say better is the CD-rom.
> But why more times i read this that CD-rom most be no.1?
> ================================================== =====================
>
> Please can you help me with this boot order list?
> I most know this before i make more change about his computer, all

important
> files that are gone, so he don't make backup.
> I shall advice to do that while this problem occure more times, never know
> what happends!
>
> Sorry for my much words but sometimes is better to know how happend some
> things!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> There are good people too on this world )

Hello,

First off the email address listed here is not meant for reply...
it's so I do not get spammed! I check this newsgroup often though.

Second: You English is fine. I have studied several languages other than
English
but am too stupid to learn anything but English.

As to the computer problem...the first thing to do is to enter the bios
setup
and see if the harddrive can even be detected.

There should also be a bios menu that sets the order of the devices...
it is typically such as:

1) Floppy
2) CDrom
3) Harddrive

Your bios setup should look like that...

If there is no floppy or cd in the machine...it should skip them and go to
the harddrive for booting.

Please post back and mention if the bios can even detect the harddrive at
all.
If the harddrive cannot be detected...there is no point in going any further
at this time

Frits

Hi Philo,
Thanks for send me this quick reply!
I saw the order of boot list in my brother's comp bios very quickly, the
reason was that he most go out.
I think i was 10 min there, and can not find the solution for that problem
in a hurry.
So you say to me, even there is no floppy inside i can put this checked
aswell?
Can you give me the reason, why some people choose for CD-rom as first boot
order?
I was thinking all the time that this list in boot order including a floppy
is for computers that for example Windows98 as an operating system.
So that is not what i think right!
I write down the list of boot order in bios, by my brother, he have ask me
to do this on sunday, he have not a computer in his home.
When i have write it down on a paper, after this i send you by answer this
topic here in this newsgroup.
So he use this computer on his company also in the weekend.
He is thinking about to buy a new computer for his home too.
I know some of computers, i try to repair all myself but this is most
software and os related only, build in only a networkcard, soundcard, modem
and all little repair needs for computers.
But i think you know more of bios too and that is what i dont know maybe
till now, i learn more of you!!
I want to thank you for now,
Send you sunday or monday the final solution, that you give me before to
repair this error stop by start his computer.
> [...]

> Second: You English is fine. I have studied several languages other than
> English
> but am too stupid to learn anything but English.
>
> As to the computer problem...the first thing to do is to enter the bios
> setup
> and see if the harddrive can even be detected.
>
> There should also be a bios menu that sets the order of the devices...
> it is typically such as:
>
> 1) Floppy
> 2) CDrom
> 3) Harddrive
>
> Your bios setup should look like that...
>
> If there is no floppy or cd in the machine...it should skip them and go to
> the harddrive for booting.
>

> Please post back and mention if the bios can even detect the harddrive at
> all.
> If the harddrive cannot be detected...there is no point in going any

philo

(My reply is on the bottom)

"Frits" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:67e24$47ae2fb9$5352a8a2$(E-Mail Removed) bel.net...
> Hi Philo,
> Thanks for send me this quick reply!
> I saw the order of boot list in my brother's comp bios very quickly, the
> reason was that he most go out.
> I think i was 10 min there, and can not find the solution for that problem
> in a hurry.
> So you say to me, even there is no floppy inside i can put this checked
> aswell?
> Can you give me the reason, why some people choose for CD-rom as first

boot
> order?
> I was thinking all the time that this list in boot order including a

floppy
> is for computers that for example Windows98 as an operating system.
> So that is not what i think right!
> I write down the list of boot order in bios, by my brother, he have ask me
> to do this on sunday, he have not a computer in his home.
> When i have write it down on a paper, after this i send you by answer this
> topic here in this newsgroup.
> So he use this computer on his company also in the weekend.
> He is thinking about to buy a new computer for his home too.
> I know some of computers, i try to repair all myself but this is most
> software and os related only, build in only a networkcard, soundcard,

modem
> and all little repair needs for computers.
> But i think you know more of bios too and that is what i dont know maybe
> till now, i learn more of you!!
> I want to thank you for now,
> Send you sunday or monday the final solution, that you give me before to
> repair this error stop by start his computer.
> Kind Regards,
> Frans
> (Frits)

Hello:
If there is no floppy drive in the machine...then just leave that out of the
boot order.
The reason the cdrom is usually placed first is so that one can boot from
the XP cd
and either reinstall or perform diagnostics.

The important thing is to make sure the harddrive is detected .

I will check back on the newsgroup on Sunday

Philo

Frits

Hi philo,
I do send a message this way.
My brother have reach me today and he say all was ok by put power on today.
I have read earlyer that the computer sometimes reset after not 8 hours in
use (off).
But i was there looked how it happend, and all stands in good reboot order.
1. CDrom
2. Harddisk
3. Network
4. Removable (or Disabled).
The last i am not sure about, the reason is that i sit not now in front of
that computer, but all is ok now, and he is happy again.
I was check the reboot order by press true reboot in Packard Bell screen the
function F2, I think it was the same while reboot in the begin press DEL, so
after this i have the bios in the screen and search for advanced reboot.
All was look good there, i don't believe it, but the computer is working
good now.
For now thanks for your help and i hope that we speak to eachother another
time,
Please hold contact even we have not problems if you want too,
Frans
Frits.

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> (My reply is on the bottom)
>
> "Frits" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:67e24$47ae2fb9$5352a8a2$(E-Mail Removed) bel.net...
>> Hi Philo,
>> Thanks for send me this quick reply!
>> I saw the order of boot list in my brother's comp bios very quickly, the
>> reason was that he most go out.
>> I think i was 10 min there, and can not find the solution for that
>> problem
>> in a hurry.
>> So you say to me, even there is no floppy inside i can put this checked
>> aswell?
>> Can you give me the reason, why some people choose for CD-rom as first

> boot
>> order?
>> I was thinking all the time that this list in boot order including a

> floppy
>> is for computers that for example Windows98 as an operating system.
>> So that is not what i think right!
>> I write down the list of boot order in bios, by my brother, he have ask
>> me
>> to do this on sunday, he have not a computer in his home.
>> When i have write it down on a paper, after this i send you by answer
>> this
>> topic here in this newsgroup.
>> So he use this computer on his company also in the weekend.
>> He is thinking about to buy a new computer for his home too.
>> I know some of computers, i try to repair all myself but this is most
>> software and os related only, build in only a networkcard, soundcard,

> modem
>> and all little repair needs for computers.
>> But i think you know more of bios too and that is what i dont know maybe
>> till now, i learn more of you!!
>> I want to thank you for now,
>> Send you sunday or monday the final solution, that you give me before to
>> repair this error stop by start his computer.
>> Kind Regards,
>> Frans
>> (Frits)
>>

> Hello:
> If there is no floppy drive in the machine...then just leave that out of
> the
> boot order.
> The reason the cdrom is usually placed first is so that one can boot from
> the XP cd
> and either reinstall or perform diagnostics.
>
> The important thing is to make sure the harddrive is detected .
>
> I will check back on the newsgroup on Sunday
>
> Philo

philo

"Frits" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ae8f4$47af6326$5352a8a2$(E-Mail Removed) bel.net...
> Hi philo,
> I do send a message this way.
> My brother have reach me today and he say all was ok by put power on

today.
> I have read earlyer that the computer sometimes reset after not 8 hours in
> use (off).
> But i was there looked how it happend, and all stands in good reboot

order.
> 1. CDrom
> 2. Harddisk
> 3. Network
> 4. Removable (or Disabled).
> The last i am not sure about, the reason is that i sit not now in front of
> that computer, but all is ok now, and he is happy again.
> I was check the reboot order by press true reboot in Packard Bell screen

the
> function F2, I think it was the same while reboot in the begin press DEL,

so
> after this i have the bios in the screen and search for advanced reboot.
> All was look good there, i don't believe it, but the computer is working
> good now.
> For now thanks for your help and i hope that we speak to eachother another
> time,
> Please hold contact even we have not problems if you want too,
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Frans
> Frits.

Thanks for reporting back.