Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C/C++ books

Reply
Thread Tools

C/C++ books

 
 
Greg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-09-2008
i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hans Mull
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-09-2008
Greg schrieb:
> i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
> place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.

If you are interested in optimizing, see agner.org!

Kind regards, Hans
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
red floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-09-2008
Greg wrote:
> i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
> place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.


About the only *LEGAL* free C++ e-book I can think of is Bruce Eckel's
"Thinking in C++"

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/...ngInCPP2e.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Greg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2008
On Feb 9, 5:53 pm, red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greg wrote:
> > i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
> > place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.

>
> About the only *LEGAL* free C++ e-book I can think of is Bruce Eckel's
> "Thinking in C++"
>
> http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/...ngInCPP2e.html


thnx plenta for the links,
 
Reply With Quote
 
Puppet_Sock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2008
On Feb 9, 9:27*am, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
> place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.


If the only material you had read was free downloads,
then I'd be fairly suspect of hiring you. Specially
since you think you can afford toys like a flash, but
not professional development things like text books.

If you really are a starving student, get your behind
to the library. Any university is going to have at least
a few of the standard texts in their library.
Socks
 
Reply With Quote
 
Greg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-12-2008
On Feb 11, 10:35 pm, Puppet_Sock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 9:27 am, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
> > place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.

>
> If the only material you had read was free downloads,
> then I'd be fairly suspect of hiring you. Specially
> since you think you can afford toys like a flash, but
> not professional development things like text books.
>
> If you really are a starving student, get your behind
> to the library. Any university is going to have at least
> a few of the standard texts in their library.
> Socks


welcome to the African context of education where the latest edition
in the library of my university is .... well i better not mention it
lest i regress my universities reputation. I am appreciative of ur
views as regards free books, well in my circumstantial context it is
vital i compliment the books at the library + free books and tutorials
that are available online.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daryl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-04-2008
On 9 Feb, 21:27, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i am looking for free C/C++books, i need something i can download and
> place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C &C++.


If you want C++ books, goto my store : http://astore.amazon.com/allbook-20

You will see much C and C++ books! If you a newbie I recommended C++
for dummies.. If not, you can see it yourself.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daryl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-04-2008
On 12 Feb, 09:45, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 10:35 pm, Puppet_Sock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 9, 9:27 am, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> > > i am looking for free C/C++books, i need something i can download and
> > > place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C &C++.

>
> > If the only material you had read was free downloads,
> > then I'd be fairly suspect of hiring you. Specially
> > since you think you can afford toys like a flash, but
> > not professional development things like text books.

>
> > If you really are a starving student, get your behind
> > to the library. Any university is going to have at least
> > a few of the standard texts in their library.
> > Socks

>
> welcome to the African context of education where the latest edition
> in the library of my university is .... well i better not mention it
> lest i regress my universities reputation. I am appreciative of ur
> views as regards free books, well in my circumstantial context it is
> vital i compliment the books at the library + free books and tutorials
> that are available online.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff Schwab
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-04-2008
Greg wrote:
> i am looking for free C/C++ books, i need something i can download and
> place on my flash . I am looking at deepening my knowledge of C & C++.


http://mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, books, books: best reference texts for Verilog and VHDL HDL Book Seller VHDL 0 12-01-2004 02:26 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM



Advertisments