Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Lan disconnecting

Wireless Lan disconnecting

Jake

We have a wireless lan with an SSID and WEP security set up. We have various
computers in the house, and while the others connect fine, on one
workstation, the connection is de-activated after a couple of minutes working.
The IEEE 802.1x is enabled.

There must be some setting on the workstation as the other workstations work
fine. But what is it?

Barb Bowman

what operating systems? is this a residential or enterprise network?

WEP is not safe, you should use WPA2 or at least WPA

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Deactivate IEEE 802.1x it is not compatible with your Network.
Make sure that your Wireless Router SSID is On.
Uncheck the power saving of the Wireless Card,
http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
As for security.
From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
No Security