Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > addresses

addresses

Mark McIntyre

Randy Howard wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:58:58 -0600, Joe Wright wrote
> (in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
>> I am convinced that Bill is not a troll and is using C and Usenet as
>> part of his therapy.

> It could also be that he has discovered that relying on political
> correctness to override common sense is a proven tactic.

Possibly. But the nature of his questions and answers doesn't seem to be
trollish to me. He rarely challenges accepted beliefs for the sake of
it, and generally stays in the debate.

--
Mark McIntyre

CLC FAQ <http://c-faq.com/>

Kaz Kylheku

On Feb 9, 1:24*pm, "Serve Laurijssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yeah Billy is cool )
> A big smile comes on my face when I see a thread made by Bill. Thanks! <3

Billy ``back issues'' are funny. Just don't get sucked in, that's all.

Check out message ID <q0uPe.6561$(E-Mail Removed)>

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.re...d380212a7dd21b

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> > This "Bill Cunningham" Usenet identity is a troll. You can tell from
> > this thread alone, but a quick peek at the posting history pretty much
> > confirms it.

> Apparently he has learning difficulties.

Maybe he has, and maybe he hasn't. One thing is certain: the way he is
going about trying to learn, even someone who does not have learning
difficulties would find it difficult to learn to program. Shotgun
education may work for sociology or psychology, it doesn't work for C.

Richard

Default User

Richard Bos wrote:

> Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> > > This "Bill Cunningham" Usenet identity is a troll. You can tell
> > > from this thread alone, but a quick peek at the posting history
> > > pretty much confirms it.

> > Apparently he has learning difficulties.

> Maybe he has, and maybe he hasn't. One thing is certain: the way he is
> going about trying to learn, even someone who does not have learning
> difficulties would find it difficult to learn to program. Shotgun
> education may work for sociology or psychology, it doesn't work for C.

I agree. I told him I would help, but only if he would do it in a
systematic way. That means sticking with one problem at a time until
it's solved. He refuses to do that, so I'm out of the loop now.

He won't EVER learn C programming the way he is attempting to do it.
It's a waste of his time and ours, and I won't be bothered with it from
here on out.

Brian

Antoninus Twink

On 12 Feb 2008 at 18:24, Default User wrote:
> Richard Bos wrote:
>
>> Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Apparently he has learning difficulties.

>> Maybe he has, and maybe he hasn't. One thing is certain: the way he is
>> going about trying to learn, even someone who does not have learning
>> difficulties would find it difficult to learn to program. Shotgun
>> education may work for sociology or psychology, it doesn't work for C.

> I agree. I told him I would help, but only if he would do it in a
> systematic way. That means sticking with one problem at a time until
> it's solved. He refuses to do that, so I'm out of the loop now.
>
> He won't EVER learn C programming the way he is attempting to do it.
> It's a waste of his time and ours, and I won't be bothered with it from
> here on out.

My god, you really are an arrogant asshole, aren't you?