Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Writing to Server

Writing to Server

Admin

Hi there

I want to write to the server with a Brinkster type account setup
using ASP.net.
I kinda understand how to do it on my own server. It seems pretty
straight forward to write to a C:\Temp etc. But when i try to get a
little bit clever and try a write to something like

request.applicationpath + "/mydir/myfile.pdf"

It fails. I get a cant access c:\system32 or some other local file
system error.

In the given scenario how do i format the write path??

Im trying not to store my images/pdfs in a Db (because it costs more
money). I instead want my users to be able to upload their files to my
web space and then i will just store the reference to that file in the
Db and as the pdfs are downloaded.

TIA

Henry

PJ Lee

try using PhysicalApplicationPath instead of ApplicationPath.

hth
Pete

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...