Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > switching user

switching user

cheatmans

can you help!!!
when i switch user from a to b the screen turns black and stays that way
till i reset the system.
can you help me to solve this problem?
i have vista home premiun 64-bit if that makes any diffrence.

Theo

What are you switching? Are you trying to switch users? At
what point does the screen go black? Usually a black screen
indicates the system has shutdown.

cheatmans wrote:
> can you help!!!
> when i switch user from a to b the screen turns black and stays that way
> till i reset the system.
> can you help me to solve this problem?
> i have vista home premiun 64-bit if that makes any diffrence.

Tony Sperling

What happens if you boot directly to the user 'b'?

Can you [Ctrl+Alt+Del] to call up Task Manager at this point?

How about your power supply? Enough juice for all your devices?

Tony. . .

"cheatmans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can you help!!!
> when i switch user from a to b the screen turns black and stays that way
> till i reset the system.
> can you help me to solve this problem?
> i have vista home premiun 64-bit if that makes any diffrence.

cheatmans

if i boot into user b then try to a the same thing happens and yes the task
manager can open up.
as for the psu i' running a 750w so theres deff enought juice

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> What happens if you boot directly to the user 'b'?
>
> Can you [Ctrl+Alt+Del] to call up Task Manager at this point?
>
> How about your power supply? Enough juice for all your devices?
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "cheatmans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > can you help!!!
> > when i switch user from a to b the screen turns black and stays that way
> > till i reset the system.
> > can you help me to solve this problem?
> > i have vista home premiun 64-bit if that makes any diffrence.

cheatmans

im trying to switch from one user to a 2nd with out loging out althought it
does the same even it i log out.
it looks like the system is shut down but all the fans are still going and
the hhd light is flashing like normal.