Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Encrypt string for POSTing

Encrypt string for POSTing

Markus Stehle

Hi all!

I need to POST data from one of my asp.net pages to an external CGI script.
What possibilities do I have to encrypt the data for transmission? Is it
enough to send the data to an SSL secured (https) URL - hoping that this
will encrypt the POSTed data automatically - or do I have to do more?

Regards

Markus

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Yes, SSL will encrypt the posted data automatically, so this is probably
your best option.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD

"Markus Stehle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all!
>
> I need to POST data from one of my asp.net pages to an external CGI

script.
> What possibilities do I have to encrypt the data for transmission? Is it
> enough to send the data to an SSL secured (https) URL - hoping that this
> will encrypt the POSTed data automatically - or do I have to do more?
>
> Regards
>
> Markus

Thomas Stehle

Ok, thanks for your reply. And this will also work when using the .net
WebRequest class to create a new web request for
https://externaldomain.com/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi, won't it?

If SSL is not supported, which alternatives could I use?

Thanks

Markus

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...