Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > RDP over VPN

RDP over VPN

KDawg44

Hi,

I have a Cisco ASA at the edge of my network that does PAT on the
outside interface and is the VPN endpoint. I have a user who is
remote who is VPNing in and having issues on her PC. I would like to
RDP into her windows xp and take a look, however it is failing. She
is connected to the VPN and I can see her VPN IP in my DNS on my
windows 2003 server. Her laptop is set to allow RDP from
administrators of our domain and my active directory username
specifically. It is not allowing me to RDP in.

Any ideas why? Could it be that PAT is translating my address to the
outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the
request? How can this be changed?

Thanks.

KDawg44

On Feb 7, 12:48 pm, KDawg44 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Cisco ASA at the edge of my network that does PAT on the
> outside interface and is the VPN endpoint. I have a user who is
> remote who is VPNing in and having issues on her PC. I would like to
> RDP into her windows xp and take a look, however it is failing. She
> is connected to the VPN and I can see her VPN IP in my DNS on my
> windows 2003 server. Her laptop is set to allow RDP from
> administrators of our domain and my active directory username
> specifically. It is not allowing me to RDP in.
>
> Any ideas why? Could it be that PAT is translating my address to the
> outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the
> request? How can this be changed?
>
> Thanks.

Also, I am able to RDP IN when I am connected to the VPN at home
without any trouble....

Thanks.

mcaissie

"KDawg44" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 7, 12:48 pm, KDawg44 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Cisco ASA at the edge of my network that does PAT on the
>> outside interface and is the VPN endpoint. I have a user who is
>> remote who is VPNing in and having issues on her PC. I would like to
>> RDP into her windows xp and take a look, however it is failing. She
>> is connected to the VPN and I can see her VPN IP in my DNS on my
>> windows 2003 server. Her laptop is set to allow RDP from
>> administrators of our domain and my active directory username
>> specifically. It is not allowing me to RDP in.
>>
>> Any ideas why? Could it be that PAT is translating my address to the
>> outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the
>> request? How can this be changed?
>>
>> Thanks.

> Also, I am able to RDP IN when I am connected to the VPN at home
> without any trouble....
>
> Thanks.

maybe an MTU issu...

Have you tried to lower the MTU on the client side . If you use the Cisco
VPN client , there is a "Set MTU" option in the Cisco System VPN Client
program menu. Try at 1300 , if it resolve the problem then increment the
value until it stops working.

Re: ssl over RDP 5.0 windows 2000 server, sp4 Justin Goldberg A+ Certification 0 10-01-2008 04:09 AM
Chained RDP over chained VPN Frank Winkler Cisco 2 06-20-2008 08:02 AM
RDP over IPSec fails rsscp1 Hardware 0 03-16-2008 08:00 PM
RDP over Wireless SP2 Paul King Wireless Networking 4 06-13-2005 04:07 PM

Advertisments