Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

danc

I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found automatically.
When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried it
on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"danc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found
> automatically.
> When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
> recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
> with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
> try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried
> it
> on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
> Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

danc

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that. I tried it with the disk that
came with the adapter and just using the drivers from windows. They are the
same. I've booted rebooted, used the BIOS setup to auto, able, disable,
whatever the wireless zero config. I believe I tried every install sequence
possible. I even tried the hotfix in article 921413 because it perfectly
described my symptoms. All to no avail.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "danc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found
> > automatically.
> > When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
> > recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
> > with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
> > try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried
> > it
> > on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
> > Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Log to TrendNet support, look for the model and the Version of the adapter
that you have, download and use the latest Drivers available there.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"danc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the quick response. I tried that. I tried it with the disk
> that
> came with the adapter and just using the drivers from windows. They are
> the
> same. I've booted rebooted, used the BIOS setup to auto, able, disable,
> whatever the wireless zero config. I believe I tried every install
> sequence
> possible. I even tried the hotfix in article 921413 because it perfectly
> described my symptoms. All to no avail.
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "danc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found
>> > automatically.
>> > When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does
>> > not
>> > recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end
>> > up
>> > with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial
>> > install
>> > try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I
>> > tried
>> > it
>> > on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter
>> > in a
>> > Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help
>> > me.

danc

I did that and also tried to use the Vista drivers on the XP computer.
Wouldn't work. The strange thing with this problem is on the initial
installation I got through about half of the configuration when the adapter
disappeared. It was receiving my wireless router. My last needs
clarification the BIOS was used to able, disable, auto what is called "legacy
usb support." "System" was used for the wzc.