Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Silly question re: LAC & Wireless both active.

Silly question re: LAC & Wireless both active.

snerdly

I have a laptop that I use as a desktop quite a bit. Well the last time I
turned it back into a desktop I forgot to disable the radio function so now
it is connected to the router via both Ethernet cable & WIFI. It never
occurred to me that both could be active @ the same time but they are &
appear to be working, although when I open up new web pages (according to the
networking portion of the task manager) most all the activity appears to be
going thru the LAC.

So my question is: can I leave the wireless network card active while I have
the Ethernet (LAC) plugged into the back of my laptop or should I be
disabling the radio function every time I use the laptop as a desktop?

--
Regards snerdly

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

In most cases, that is OK.