Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What To Do When Looking For Something Silky!!

What To Do When Looking For Something Silky!!

Rita Berkowitz

It's a tough choice, but when you want something a little different next to
your ass you have to take extreme measures! Sometimes this means that you
have select from the back of the drawer.

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/back_drawer.htm>

Rita

Draco

On Feb 7, 9:56*am, "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's a tough choice, but when you want something a little different next to
> your ass you have to take extreme measures! *Sometimes this means that you
> have select from the back of the drawer.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/back_drawer.htm>
>
> Rita

If I found that critter in my back drawer I would swat it. Great
shot. Can see its little beady eyes. Could be my eyes or moniter but
seems a bit bright to me.

Keep shooting.

Draco

Rita Berkowitz

Draco wrote:

>> It's a tough choice, but when you want something a little different
>> next to your ass you have to take extreme measures! Sometimes this
>> means that you have select from the back of the drawer.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/back_drawer.htm>

> If I found that critter in my back drawer I would swat it. Great
> shot. Can see its little beady eyes. Could be my eyes or moniter but
> seems a bit bright to me.

No, it is bright as you say and could stand a bit of post work. This was an
old test shot I posted in the groups using the early version of the 105/2.8D
AF. It is a cool looking spider that will get some correction when I get
some time.

> Keep shooting.

Thanks, you too.

Rita

tony cooper

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:11:12 -0500, "Rita Berkowitz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> If I found that critter in my back drawer I would swat it. Great
>> shot.

I have to admit that I get tired of seeing links to images of spiders,
ducks, sunsets, birds, dogs, kittens, squirrels, and all other
examples of the flora and fauna that is so easy to find and capture.
To hell with mountains and rivers and - ugh - scenery.

Hunting down the wild spider and capturing its likeness is more
mechanical than anything else. Gee, great, you can focus. Doesn't
hurt that you have $1,000 worth of equipment to do it with.

Everyone interested in photography has their own area of interest,
and mine is candid shots of people...a much more difficult animal to
bag. Getting close enough, and at the right angle, without them
noticing is a great deal more of a challenge than shooting a placid
Sand Crane.

Oh, I know...invasion of privacy and the need for releases. I don't
care. I don't publish or make public my shots, and the subject
doesn't know he or she has been photographed. (Except for my
grandchildren, I never stalk children) Give me one good seamed face,
one tattooed biker chick, or one toothless grin and you can keep all
those piccies of spiders and cuddly creatures.

I spent a frustrating half-hour today at the lake trying to capture an
elderly black lady sitting on the seawall with a cane pole. A woman
fishing for dinner, not for sport. Couldn't get more than a side shot
since she was facing the water, and a side shot didn't capture what I
wanted. I sat down the wall and pretended to shoot some stupid ducks.

The best opportunities for people shots are outdoor flea markets,
veggie stands, downtown streets, and anywhere a crowd gathers. You
just need to lurk and look like you're shooting something else.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Rita Berkowitz

tony cooper wrote:

>>> If I found that critter in my back drawer I would swat it. Great
>>> shot.

> I have to admit that I get tired of seeing links to images of spiders,
> ducks, sunsets, birds, dogs, kittens, squirrels, and all other
> examples of the flora and fauna that is so easy to find and capture.
> To hell with mountains and rivers and - ugh - scenery.

Well, all of the above can be very difficult to capture unless you are in
the right spot at the right time.

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/smoker.htm>

> Hunting down the wild spider and capturing its likeness is more
> mechanical than anything else. Gee, great, you can focus. Doesn't
> hurt that you have $1,000 worth of equipment to do it with.

If it's people you want. For you, Tony.

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/cameltoe.htm>

Rita

tony cooper

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:14:29 -0500, "Rita Berkowitz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I have to admit that I get tired of seeing links to images of spiders,
>> ducks, sunsets, birds, dogs, kittens, squirrels, and all other
>> examples of the flora and fauna that is so easy to find and capture.
>> To hell with mountains and rivers and - ugh - scenery.

>Well, all of the above can be very difficult to capture unless you are in
>the right spot at the right time.

I'll put on my pith helmet and my 27-pocket photographer's vest and go
stalk the throat-puffing horny anole...from my back window.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

MJW

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> It's a tough choice, but when you want something a little different next
> to your ass you have to take extreme measures! Sometimes this means
> that you have select from the back of the drawer.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/back_drawer.htm>
>

> Rita

Cool spider!