Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Norton Internet Security

Norton Internet Security

=?Utf-8?B?Q29sbGVlbg==?=

I have Norton Security 2004 on my main wired computer and I have recently set
up a wireless network for a computer in my daughter's bedroom. All is fine
so far except I will not let her access the internet yet. Do I have to
purchase another Norton security or can I (and if so how) use the same one to
cover both machines? I have been everywhere looking for this information and
can't seem to find this.
--
Colleen

DJ Borell

"Colleen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Norton Security 2004 on my main wired computer and I have recently
>set
> up a wireless network for a computer in my daughter's bedroom. All is
> fine
> so far except I will not let her access the internet yet. Do I have to
> purchase another Norton security or can I (and if so how) use the same one
> cover both machines? I have been everywhere looking for this information
> and
> can't seem to find this.
> --
> Colleen

You likely have a single-user license for NIS. This means that you are only
licensed to install it on a single machine. You can transfer it to another
machine, but, according to your license agreement, you would have to
subsequently remove it from the first machine.

Installing and running it on both machines simultaneously would be the
definition of "casual" software piracy. However, it is *possible* to do it,
you just don't have the license for both machines.