Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Why softwares for Windows XP... Don't work with Windows XP 64bits?

Why softwares for Windows XP... Don't work with Windows XP 64bits?

msnews.microsoft.com

Hello guys
I recently update my system (i have in my home for private use a AMD Athon64
3200+ 1,5 Gb of RAM) running WinXP sp2 EN-US(64bits)
I like it, but i don't understand why a lot of softwares include the famous
"Power Toys for Windows Xp" get error at the end of install process with a
message:

"The Powertoys require Windows XP or a service pack. They will not function
on a version of Windows earlier or later than Windows XP"

I hate that,because i love some powertoys in particular:

1# MSVDM - Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager (although old, he is
exellent but only few people nowing...)

2# CMD here

Sometimes i'm think in go back to comfort and vesatility of this tools in
WinXP 32bits O.S. ...

I sent this mesage being for help in solve this problem.

Please Help-ME and Reply

S.SubZero

On Feb 6, 7:32 pm, "msnews.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hello guys
> I recently update my system (i have in my home for private use a AMD Athon64
> 3200+ 1,5 Gb of RAM) running WinXP sp2 EN-US(64bits)
> I like it, but i don't understand why a lot of softwares include the famous
> "Power Toys for Windows Xp" get error at the end of install process with a
> message:

Hi,

PowerToys is very specific to the version of Windows it runs on. It
manipulates OS system files, and has no idea what 64-bit DLLs and such
are. However, using the search engine "Google" I have found many
references to a XP64-specific version of PowerToys, which MS never
officially released but is apparently out there somewhere.

Now then, you say "a lot of softwares" gets an error. You've named
*one* so far. What are other apps you are trying to run?