Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless network connection blocked by firewall

Wireless network connection blocked by firewall

Jill

I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not
Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall
to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?

Lem

Jill wrote:
> I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not
> Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall
> to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?

What can't you connect to? The Internet?

Perhaps if you described exactly what you have (make/model of router and
wireless adapter(s); version of Windows), what you are trying to do, and
what error messages you get (please quote entire message), we could give
you some focused help.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking