Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Making an ASP.NET page talk to a running .NET program

Making an ASP.NET page talk to a running .NET program

jmcgrew@gmail.com

I'm not very familiar with ASP.NET, so any pointers would be
appreciated.

I'm developing a C# program which will basically run in the background
as a server. I want to have a web-based front end which people can use
to configure the server, edit their accounts, upload new data, etc.

One way to implement this would be for the server to accept
connections on a special port, and the ASP pages would connect to the
server and talk over the socket. But that adds complexity to the
server.

Is there a way to let the ASP pages work directly with the objects in
the server process instead?

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

Hi,

Yes, .NET Remoting is used for such kind of business issues.

For information regarding .NET Remoting, please visit the following page:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...2k(VS.80).aspx

--
All the best,
Coskun SUNALI

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not very familiar with ASP.NET, so any pointers would be
> appreciated.
>
> I'm developing a C# program which will basically run in the background
> as a server. I want to have a web-based front end which people can use
> to configure the server, edit their accounts, upload new data, etc.
>
> One way to implement this would be for the server to accept
> connections on a special port, and the ASP pages would connect to the
> server and talk over the socket. But that adds complexity to the
> server.
>
> Is there a way to let the ASP pages work directly with the objects in
> the server process instead?

Eliyahu Goldin

Consider using MSMQ with WCF. Just google for these 2 words.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not very familiar with ASP.NET, so any pointers would be
> appreciated.
>
> I'm developing a C# program which will basically run in the background
> as a server. I want to have a web-based front end which people can use
> to configure the server, edit their accounts, upload new data, etc.
>
> One way to implement this would be for the server to accept
> connections on a special port, and the ASP pages would connect to the
> server and talk over the socket. But that adds complexity to the
> server.
>
> Is there a way to let the ASP pages work directly with the objects in
> the server process instead?

sloan

Check here:

http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!158.entry

I have a msmq example and nonmsmq wcf examples.

downloadable code....run a few .sql scripts and it'll work.

But WCF is probably the tree you want to bark up.

jmcgrew@gmail.com

On Feb 7, 5:56 am, "sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Check here:
>
> http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!158.entry
>
> I have a msmq example and nonmsmq wcf examples.
>
> downloadable code....run a few .sql scripts and it'll work.
>
> But WCF is probably the tree you want to bark up.

This looks awfully complicated and "enterprisey" for what I'm trying
to do. Is there a reason to prefer MSMQ/WCF over .NET Remoting?

Jesse

VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? PavaRodney UK VOIP 4 01-01-2007 12:37 PM
Change to Talk Talk Bob B Wireless Networking 2 08-24-2006 09:19 AM
Change to talk talk Bob B Computer Support 1 08-23-2006 08:49 PM
Skype and Talk Talk Sacred UK VOIP 9 08-01-2006 08:57 PM
Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok Rolf Computer Support 2 04-09-2006 09:48 AM

Advertisments