Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ?

Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ?

MowGreen [MVP]

The Microsoft Update Catalog is the only place where you can obtain all
of the complete .NET Framework runtimes in one location:
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

PA Bear [MS MVP]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 lists 'em, too...now! <eg>
--
~PA Bear

MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
> The Microsoft Update Catalog is the only place where you can obtain all
> of the complete .NET Framework runtimes in one location:
> http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> pg wrote:
>
>> Sorry for this follow up message.
>>
>> I searched the Net for stand-alone packages for the Microsoft Net
>> Framework, but what I found are "set-up" programs.
>>
>> Example: When my PC was downloading the Net Framework 3.0 from the
>> Update site, I could see that the download was 54MB in size. But the
>> Net Framework program that I found is the "set-up" program that is
>> only 2.8 MB.
>>
>> I don't want those "set-up" programs for the Net Framework. I want to
>> download the FULL PACKAGES, so that I can take them offline, and try
>> to install them one-by-one.
>>
>> So, can anyone please tell me where to obtain the following Net
>> Framework in FULL PACKAGE:
>>
>> Net Framework 1.0
>>
>> Net Framework 1.1
>>
>> Net Framework 2.0
>>
>> Net Framework 2.0 SP 1
>>
>> Net Framework 3.0
>>
>> Net Framework 3.0 SP1
>>
>> Net Framework 3.5
>>
>> Thank you !
>>
>> pg wrote:
>>
>>> My old HD crashes, so I had to do a total re-install.
>>>
>>> After installer XP, I went to the Micrsoft Update site to get all the
>>> update.
>>>
>>> After 5 hours or so ... the update cycle started looping.
>>>
>>> Y ou see, it wanted to install the Dot Net Framework for me, so okay, I
>>> let the Update site do the download the installation.
>>>
>>> After the download, and installation, it tells me that the some of
>>> installation for the Dot Net Framework had failed. So I had to reboot,
>>> and then went back to the Update Site for another round of download
>>> and install.
>>>
>>> The same thing happen. Some part of the installation failed.
>>>
>>> Then reboot. Back to the Update site again. Download, install. Install
>>> failed.
>>>
>>> And on. And on. And on. An endless loop.
>>>
>>> Now 5 MORE hours later, I'm tired. Really tired.
>>>
>>> Can anyone please tell me where to download the Dot Net Framework plus
>>> the PATCHES (SP1 for version 2.0 and SP1 for version 3.0), all in
>>> Stand-Alone packages ?
>>>
>>> That way, I can download them, and then try to install them offline,
>>> one-by-one. And don't need to go back to that stupid Update site to
>>> get stuck on that enless reboot-download-install-installation fail
>>> cycle again.
>>>
>>> Please help !
>>>
>>> Thank you !

MowGreen [MVP]

Check where the links go to, BroRo. <w>

MG

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 lists 'em, too...now! <eg>

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Post a follow-up to the related thread in MVP KBDiscussion NG, please,
BroMow.

MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
> Check where the links go to, BroRo. <w>
>
> MG
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 lists 'em, too...now! <eg>

MowGreen [MVP]

Will do.

MG

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Post a follow-up to the related thread in MVP KBDiscussion NG, please,
> BroMow.
>
> MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
>
>> Check where the links go to, BroRo. <w>
>>
>> MG