Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > error 623

error 623

02-06-2008
Ever since I set up my pearl as a tethered modem on my laptop (WIN XP) I have the following slow down/recurring problem (and sometimes itís very often...as in almost constant) when I try to go to a web site:
Network Connections:
Cannot load dialog.
Error: 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this
connection.
I found a site that fixes it (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...error-623.html) but it does it by deleting the definition. I WANT TO KEEP BOTH the tethered AND wireless definition and use the wireless MOST of the time and the tethered BB ONLY as a backup.

Is there a way to make my network use the wireless first and omit the tethered attempt if the wireless is there. When I get the error the wireless IS running - and still the tethered connection attempts to connect too. The BB IS NOT connected to the p-c.

The only thing that I can find to reduce the number of times it happens is to run my registry cleaner and reboot. Anyone else having this problem? Someone PLEZ HELP!!!!! THanks.

(I saw this thread (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...error-623.html) and posted there - maybe this post or someone from that one can help.)