Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 50 years

50 years

philo

> > HIFI was invented *precisely* on December 2nd, 1933 ...

> Yep, a 25 year discrepency in the 50-year analogy. That's, um,
> "general", for sure. An equal modicum of such generality and the
> analogy becomes Hi-Fi was the rage the day before HDV.

eer
i just made that up...
i though it would have been fairly obvious

sheesh !

Rgr

philo wrote:
>>> HIFI was invented *precisely* on December 2nd, 1933 ...

>> Yep, a 25 year discrepency in the 50-year analogy. That's, um,
>> "general", for sure. An equal modicum of such generality and the
>> analogy becomes Hi-Fi was the rage the day before HDV.
>>

> eer
> i just made that up...
> i though it would have been fairly obvious
>
> sheesh !

In this group you could post a one word message like "black" and an
argument would ensue. Or post the numeral "7" and you'll get a dozen
answers that no, it's "42" as any idiot can see.

VanguardLH

<nobody> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> plonk....what an asshole

Not many friends has this guy, and he wasn't even the target. God
forbid his friends ever yank his chain. Reminds me of the
oh-so-very-serious manager whose neighbors thought he was a quiet
neighbor with no problems when the reporters are inquiring about his
mass murder of his family in his house. Sproing! There goes his last
bit of control because someone didn't put the milk back in the fridge.

This is Usenet. It is an anarchy. Get used to ridicule. If you have
a thin-skinned ego, don't visit here. Some of you folks are just too
easy to intimidate. Philo, at least, stuck it out.

philo

<snip>

> > eer
> > i just made that up...
> > i though it would have been fairly obvious
> >
> > sheesh !

> In this group you could post a one word message like "black" and an
> argument would ensue. Or post the numeral "7" and you'll get a dozen
> answers that no, it's "42" as any idiot can see.

Yes...complete anarchy <G>

That's why I like this group

BTW: It's neither "7" or "42" just so you know <G>

Mara

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 07:01:41 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><snip>
>> >
>> > eer
>> > i just made that up...
>> > i though it would have been fairly obvious
>> >
>> > sheesh !

>> In this group you could post a one word message like "black" and an
>> argument would ensue. Or post the numeral "7" and you'll get a dozen
>> answers that no, it's "42" as any idiot can see.

>Yes...complete anarchy <G>
>
>That's why I like this group

Would you *please* stop snipping the attributes?

http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote1.html#ss1.1

>BTW: It's neither "7" or "42" just so you know <G>

It's 42. Just 42. Now, find the question.

--
Of course I'm right, I'm the operator. I'm not only right,
I'm wrong ifI want to be as well.

philo

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 07:01:41 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> ><snip>

> >> In this group you could post a one word message like "black" and an
> >> argument would ensue. Or post the numeral "7" and you'll get a dozen
> >> answers that no, it's "42" as any idiot can see.

> >Yes...complete anarchy <G>
> >
> >That's why I like this group

> Would you *please* stop snipping the attributes?
>
> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote1.html#ss1.1
>
> >BTW: It's neither "7" or "42" just so you know <G>

> It's 42. Just 42. Now, find the question.

Hmmm...I guess I just assumed everyone views the newsgroups as threaded.
the only time anyone's complained before was on a BSD group where most of
the folks were using CLI
newsreaders.

I also assumed no one was reading my posts anyway.

And not only that...I happend to think the answer is something other than
42...it's XXXXII

Rgr

philo wrote:

> And not only that...I happend to think the answer is something other than
> 42...it's XXXXII

You'd think that after this year's Superbowl everyone would know it's XLII.
--
See, told you you'd get an argument.

philo

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> philo wrote:
>
> > And not only that...I happend to think the answer is something other

than
> > 42...it's XXXXII

> You'd think that after this year's Superbowl everyone would know it's

XLII.
> --
> See, told you you'd get an argument.

I'm a bit rusty on my Roman numerals...