Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Getting Substring

Getting Substring

navic99 navic99 is offline
Junior Member

I've never used C before and will just be using bits of it (mostly string manipulation) for a project I'm working on...and it doesn't seem very friendly to me as a VB/ASP guy!!

I need to extract a substring from a string. Here's my string.

-56-43 5675:5673.777945','456'

I need to get the 456 out of there. How can I do this? I can't seem to find any basic substring functions in C.