Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > C2D 6420 vs C2Q 6600 Quad Vs. Dual Comparison

C2D 6420 vs C2Q 6600 Quad Vs. Dual Comparison

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Dragon Steel Mods have a C2D 6420 vs C2Q 6600 (Quad Vs. Dual Comparison), worth a read if you are planning on getting an Intel system:

Quote:
I recently upgraded my Core 2 Duo 6420 to a Core 2 Quad 6600 and of course I was very curious to check out the differences between them. So after doing all my testing in Vista and Xp I decided why not share my results to let other people know what's up with these Quad Core CPUs and if they really are worth it.

My C2D 6420 is one of the newer models (relatively speaking of course) with the 4mb cache as opposed to the 2mb of the original C2Ds, and it runs at a stock speed of 2.13Ghz, but I easily hit 3Ghz while overclocking. The C2Q 6600 I just got runs at 2.4Ghz, which really isn't much more than the C2D 6420 overall, a couple hundred Mhz isn't going to drastically effect any testing results so I think they'll make a good comparison basically.
Read more here.