Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > UPGRADE FROM 2000 TO 2003

Reply
Thread Tools

UPGRADE FROM 2000 TO 2003

 
 
Raúl Gatón Miguelsanz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2008
Dear experts.
I have a windows 2000 domain running on my network with 2 DCs and I want to
migrate to 2003.
I have tried to run adprep /forestprep and /domainprep on the schema master
which is also the infrastructure master and both have finished correctly (no
errors).
Now the schema should have changed and I have tried to join the domain with
a new 2003 server, but it aswers "The active directory cannot continue
because the forest is not prepared. Use adprep to fix it".
I already did that and if I try it again, the system tells....it was already
done.
Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mostly Gizzards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2008
Is it R2?

"Raúl Gatón Miguelsanz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear experts.
> I have a windows 2000 domain running on my network with 2 DCs and I want
> to
> migrate to 2003.
> I have tried to run adprep /forestprep and /domainprep on the schema
> master
> which is also the infrastructure master and both have finished correctly
> (no
> errors).
> Now the schema should have changed and I have tried to join the domain
> with
> a new 2003 server, but it aswers "The active directory cannot continue
> because the forest is not prepared. Use adprep to fix it".
> I already did that and if I try it again, the system tells....it was
> already
> done.
> Do you have any suggestion?
> Thanks.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mostly Gizzards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2008
I should have been more specific, sorry.

Is the new server a 2003 R2 server? If so, make sure you run the adprep
from the 2nd R2 CD in the \CMPNENTS\R2\ADPREP directory. The one on the 1st
CD is for a non-R2 adprep, which is an earlier schema version.

MG

"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it R2?
>
> "Raúl Gatón Miguelsanz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dear experts.
>> I have a windows 2000 domain running on my network with 2 DCs and I want
>> to
>> migrate to 2003.
>> I have tried to run adprep /forestprep and /domainprep on the schema
>> master
>> which is also the infrastructure master and both have finished correctly
>> (no
>> errors).
>> Now the schema should have changed and I have tried to join the domain
>> with
>> a new 2003 server, but it aswers "The active directory cannot continue
>> because the forest is not prepared. Use adprep to fix it".
>> I already did that and if I try it again, the system tells....it was
>> already
>> done.
>> Do you have any suggestion?
>> Thanks.
>>
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Raúl Gatón Miguelsanz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2008
I will test it.
Thanks in advanced



"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I should have been more specific, sorry.
>
> Is the new server a 2003 R2 server? If so, make sure you run the adprep
> from the 2nd R2 CD in the \CMPNENTS\R2\ADPREP directory. The one on the

1st
> CD is for a non-R2 adprep, which is an earlier schema version.
>
> MG
>
> "Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it R2?
> >
> > "Raúl Gatón Miguelsanz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Dear experts.
> >> I have a windows 2000 domain running on my network with 2 DCs and I

want
> >> to
> >> migrate to 2003.
> >> I have tried to run adprep /forestprep and /domainprep on the schema
> >> master
> >> which is also the infrastructure master and both have finished

correctly
> >> (no
> >> errors).
> >> Now the schema should have changed and I have tried to join the domain
> >> with
> >> a new 2003 server, but it aswers "The active directory cannot continue
> >> because the forest is not prepared. Use adprep to fix it".
> >> I already did that and if I try it again, the system tells....it was
> >> already
> >> done.
> >> Do you have any suggestion?
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MCSE 2000 to 2003 upgrade path. What happens when 2000 is retired? acem77 MCSE 10 04-03-2008 04:16 PM
SBS 2000 upgrade to SBS std or premium 2003 =?Utf-8?B?amlsbGJvYg==?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-19-2004 05:18 PM
from MCSE 2000 Upgrade to 2003 Simon Chiu MCSE 0 11-12-2003 05:42 AM
Should i go for upgrade from MCSE 2000 to MCSE Windows Server 2003 CHY. QAMRUL HUDA MCSE 4 10-11-2003 11:56 AM
how to upgrade mcsa 2000 to mcse 2003 Aamir MCSE 3 08-12-2003 09:13 PM



Advertisments