Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Allow Standard User to Change Maximum Port Speed in Vista

Allow Standard User to Change Maximum Port Speed in Vista

alexharmath@gmail.com

Is there any way, how can I grant privilege(or User Right or
Permission) to
standard user to allow him change Maximum port speed (in Phone and
Modem
Options, tab Modem)? In XP standard user can not access any properties
of
modem, in Vista can, but only thing that he can change is "Wait for
dial
tone..." I don't want change my standard user to Admin.

Gordon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way, how can I grant privilege(or User Right or
> Permission) to
> standard user to allow him change Maximum port speed (in Phone and
> Modem
> Options, tab Modem)? In XP standard user can not access any properties
> of
> modem, in Vista can, but only thing that he can change is "Wait for
> dial
> tone..." I don't want change my standard user to Admin.

Why not ask in a Vista-specific group?
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general might be a good start...

why?

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 02:33:18 -0800 (PST), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Is there any way, how can I grant privilege(or User Right or
>Permission) to
>standard user to allow him change Maximum port speed (in Phone and
>Modem

Why do you want to (allow standard user) change the port speed,
different devices?

Can't you set the max speed and leave it?

Maybe a search of,

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

from

http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...56486&expand=1

>Options, tab Modem)? In XP standard user can not access any properties
>of
>modem, in Vista can, but only thing that he can change is "Wait for
>dial
>tone..." I don't want change my standard user to Admin.

Good.

How odd SanoH is asking the same thing
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-accoun...ort-speed.html
no name on this one