Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-292 and IPSec

70-292 and IPSec

assi

Hi there,

I'm about to take the 70-292 exam, and I'm a little concerned that my
IPSec knowledge is not up to scratch.

I can't see it listed on the Microsoft exam specifications, but the
Transcender tests that I've been doing have that and RRAS questions
all over the place.

Should I spend more time studying up on those topics, or is it
actually not required for this test.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

....Assi.

catwalker63

assi <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in news:1011c07d-d163-

> Hi there,
>
> I'm about to take the 70-292 exam, and I'm a little concerned that my
> IPSec knowledge is not up to scratch.
>
> I can't see it listed on the Microsoft exam specifications, but the
> Transcender tests that I've been doing have that and RRAS questions
> all over the place.
>
> Should I spend more time studying up on those topics, or is it
> actually not required for this test.
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback.
>
> ...Assi.

Study the objectives. RRAS is part of the objectives.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

John R

"assi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm about to take the 70-292 exam, and I'm a little concerned that my
> IPSec knowledge is not up to scratch.
>
> I can't see it listed on the Microsoft exam specifications, but the
> Transcender tests that I've been doing have that and RRAS questions
> all over the place.
>
> Should I spend more time studying up on those topics, or is it
> actually not required for this test.
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback.
>
> ...Assi.

Are you looking here ???

I've never taken 70-292, but since 70-292 is a combination of 70-290 and
70-291, I would suggest looking at those exam objectives as well. RRAS is a
big part (or at least it was for me) of 70-291, as well as establishing a
secure connection between two networks (IPSec). In short, yes, I think you
should make sure you understand all of the objectives listed, 290, 291, and
292.

John R

assi

On Feb 6, 1:06*am, "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:
> "assi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi there,

> > I'm about to take the70-292exam, and I'm a little concerned that my
> > IPSec knowledge is not up to scratch.

> > I can't see it listed on the Microsoft exam specifications, but the
> > Transcender tests that I've been doing have that and RRAS questions
> > all over the place.

> > Should I spend more time studying up on thosetopics, or is it
> > actually not required for this test.

> > Thanks in advance for any feedback.

> > ...Assi.

> Are you looking here ???http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-292.mspx
>
> I've never taken70-292, but since70-292is a combination of 70-290 and
> 70-291, I would suggest looking at those exam objectives as well. *RRAS is a
> big part (or at least it was for me) of 70-291, as well as establishing a
> secure connection between two networks (IPSec). *In short, yes, I think you
> should make sure you understand all of the objectives listed, 290, 291, and
> 292.
>
> John R

Thanks, and yes, I was looking there. I can see that IPSec and RRAS
are part of 70-296, but guess it doesn't hurt to know them for 70-292
as well. Just trying to maximize my time by prioritizing stuff I'll be
asked about.

Thanks again, Assi.