Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D300 shoots like D3 !!!

D300 shoots like D3 !!!

Sosumi

If you do studio work or low light, not moving objects and you want the
highest possible resolution, dynamic and tonal range, check this out:

http://www.nikon-box.com/MultiX/

Much better than any normal way of shooting with the D300 !

If you're happy with the results and save 3000,- dollars because you realize
that now all you need is the D300 instead of the D3, feel free to donate me
some of all that saved money. ) Maybe I can finally buy that lens...

--
Sosumi

John Navas

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:48:03 -0000, "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>If you do studio work or low light, not moving objects and you want the
>highest possible resolution, dynamic and tonal range, check this out:
>
>http://www.nikon-box.com/MultiX/
>
>Much better than any normal way of shooting with the D300 !
>
>If you're happy with the results and save 3000,- dollars because you realize
>that now all you need is the D300 instead of the D3, feel free to donate me
>some of all that saved money. ) Maybe I can finally buy that lens...

Welcome to the party! Works with any camera.
See thread "Noise Reduction By Image Averaging"
<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital/browse_thread/thread/b9d1df059f100e26/d6b00a2ac821298f#d6b00a2ac821298f>

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Sosumi

"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:48:03 -0000, "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>>If you do studio work or low light, not moving objects and you want the
>>highest possible resolution, dynamic and tonal range, check this out:
>>
>>http://www.nikon-box.com/MultiX/
>>
>>Much better than any normal way of shooting with the D300 !
>>
>>If you're happy with the results and save 3000,- dollars because you
>>realize
>>that now all you need is the D300 instead of the D3, feel free to donate
>>me
>>some of all that saved money. ) Maybe I can finally buy that lens...

> Welcome to the party! Works with any camera.
> See thread "Noise Reduction By Image Averaging"
> <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital/browse_thread/thread/b9d1df059f100e26/d6b00a2ac821298f#d6b00a2ac821298f>

This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in
camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.
But still, it's also a good idea. Never heard of it before.

--
Sosumi

John Navas

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:12:10 -0000, "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> Welcome to the party! Works with any camera.
>> See thread "Noise Reduction By Image Averaging"
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital/browse_thread/thread/b9d1df059f100e26/d6b00a2ac821298f#d6b00a2ac821298f>

>This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in
>camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
>It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.

That's still image averaging, albeit in camera instead of in
post-processing.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

gpaleo

Ο "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in
> camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
> It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.
> But still, it's also a good idea. Never heard of it before.
>

> --
> Sosumi

Astrophotographers do it as a matter of course, for years now.

Sosumi

"gpaleo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Ο "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in
>> camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
>> It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.
>> But still, it's also a good idea. Never heard of it before.
>>

>> --
>> Sosumi

> Astrophotographers do it as a matter of course, for years now.

That's a good trick, since the D300 has only been out for a couple of months
now.

Floyd L. Davidson

"Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in

The software is in the camera, rather than on your
computer. It's still software that does it.

>camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
>It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.

It *is* averaging, and it is *not* bracketing.

"Autogain" means that it averages the entire set.

>But still, it's also a good idea. Never heard of it before.

Your comparison to the D3 is nonsense, because the D3
can do exactly the same thing. Except of course the D3
has an FX sensor and higher ISO with less noise... so
the results are even better than with the D300.

me@mine.net

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:51:58 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "Sosumi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"gpaleo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> Ο "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in
>>> camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
>>> It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.
>>> But still, it's also a good idea. Never heard of it before.

>> Astrophotographers do it as a matter of course, for years now.
>>

>That's a good trick, since the D300 has only been out for a couple of months
>now.

First, learn what the feature is and how it works, as Floyd has explained.
Next, the D200 implemented this same thing years ago.

Now, maybe you'll learn from your own statements on bracketing in another
thread. All this is is automatic averaging with autogain enabled, and just
stacked/additive images with it off. Manual stacking/averaging has been
done for years.

Floyd L. Davidson

"Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"gpaleo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Astrophotographers do it as a matter of course, for years now.

>That's a good trick, since the D300 has only been out for a couple of months
>now.

Not a difficult trick at all, since the technique has
been available in other cameras, or by post processing,
for years before the D300 was even a gleam in the eye of
Nikon.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) (E-Mail Removed)

Sosumi

"Floyd L. Davidson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Sosumi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>This is totally different from what I do. No software is used! All in

> The software is in the camera, rather than on your
> computer. It's still software that does it.

True, but like everything, software is not the same. Sharpening with NX
Capture gives much better results than PS.
Besides, now all info is put directly to one single frame, so it saves time
too.

>>camera, except the NEF to JPG conversion.
>>It's not averaging, but multiple exposure with autogain plus bracketing.

> It *is* averaging, and it is *not* bracketing.
>
> "Autogain" means that it averages the entire set.

If it's averaging, then when I make 5 shots with multiple exposure with the
*same* exposure, I should get the same result, right? But I don't. The
bracketed shots have more detail, less noise and more range.

>>But still, it's also a good idea. Never heard of it before.

> Your comparison to the D3 is nonsense, because the D3
> can do exactly the same thing. Except of course the D3
> has an FX sensor and higher ISO with less noise... so
> the results are even better than with the D300.

Gee whiz! Lighten up! Do I have to put a smiley for every time I'm kidding?

--
Sosumi