Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Need step-by-step inst. to configure 2801 router to use Windows IASRADIUS

Need step-by-step inst. to configure 2801 router to use Windows IASRADIUS

ttripp

I'm looking for step-by-step instructions on how to configure a Cisco
2801 router to use a MS Win2K3 IAS server as a RADIUS box. I'm having
trouble, and I think my problem is actually more with configuring the
IAS server than the Cisco router. However, since I'm not sure, I need
step-by-step on both boxes. Thanks.

joebenz

On Feb 5, 11:06*am, ttripp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm looking for step-by-step instructions on how to configure a Cisco
> 2801 router to use a MS Win2K3 IAS server as a RADIUS box. *I'm having
> trouble, and I think my problem is actually more with configuring the
> IAS server than the Cisco router. *However, since I'm not sure, I need
> step-by-step on both boxes. *Thanks.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...5-6180954.html - IAS
configuration

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...ag=rbxccnbtr1#
- Router configuration

I haven't done this myself, so I cannot attest to it

I have only configured IAS and RADIUS authentication for VPN users via
ASA

Intuitive

I have done this before. In fact, my VPN router is still configured to
use the IAS RADIUS server (which no longer exists.) Luckily, Cisco
allows you to specify local user authentication if the RADIUS server is
not contactable.

Good luck