Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > What's the best study books for MCSE?

What's the best study books for MCSE?

Clayton Sutton

When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?

TIA,

Clayton

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Clayton Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5U%pj.89382$(E-Mail Removed):

> When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
>
> TIA,
>

> Clayton

Which probably explains the surge of NT 4.0 paper certification back in
the day.

No. Besides books suck. All that reading and such. Here's an idea, and
I'm just spit-balling mind you, but sit down in front of a Windows 2003
server and learn it. However if you dead set on books, go with MS Press.

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

Clayton Sutton

Thanks Michael,

But I'm not a paper MCSE (NT 4). I've been in the IT field for almost 20
years now. Just wanted to updated my cert(s) and wanted to know which
publishers do a better job.

Clayton

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Clayton Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5U%pj.89382$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
>>
>> TIA,
>>

>> Clayton

> Which probably explains the surge of NT 4.0 paper certification back in
> the day.
>
> No. Besides books suck. All that reading and such. Here's an idea, and I'm
> just spit-balling mind you, but sit down in front of a Windows 2003 server
> and learn it. However if you dead set on books, go with MS Press.
> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

.rev [askthemct.com]

Sybex still writes decent books, though I'm partial to MS Press and
Syngress.

--
..rev

www.askthemct.com
..
"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Clayton Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5U%pj.89382$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
>>
>> TIA,
>>

>> Clayton

> Which probably explains the surge of NT 4.0 paper certification back in
> the day.
>
> No. Besides books suck. All that reading and such. Here's an idea, and I'm
> just spit-balling mind you, but sit down in front of a Windows 2003 server
> and learn it. However if you dead set on books, go with MS Press.
> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Mostly Gizzards

Technet and Microsoft Press.

MG

"Clayton Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5U%pj.89382$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
>
> TIA,
>

> Clayton

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Clayton Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8l1qj.123247$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks Michael,
>
> But I'm not a paper MCSE (NT 4). I've been in the IT field for almost 20
> years now. Just wanted to updated my cert(s) and wanted to know which
> publishers do a better job.
>
> Clayton
>

> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Clayton Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:5U%pj.89382$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >>

> >> Clayton

> > Which probably explains the surge of NT 4.0 paper certification back in
> > the day.
> >
> > No. Besides books suck. All that reading and such. Here's an idea, and I'm
> > just spit-balling mind you, but sit down in front of a Windows 2003 server
> > and learn it. However if you dead set on books, go with MS Press.
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
> > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
> > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Then in that case, continue on my good sir! Take MG advice in the
thread. TechNet is free btw. http://www.microsoft.com/technet. Sweet.
Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

catwalker63

".rev [askthemct.com]" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Sybex still writes decent books, though I'm partial to MS Press and
> Syngress.

You're partial to anything with Microsoft in the name. <eg>

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Allitcertkiller.com study guides are better than Realexamquestions.com study guides loyola Microsoft Certification 39 07-21-2006 03:12 AM
Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
Which books are best and what is ultimate study method? Mike MCSD 1 02-10-2004 07:54 PM

Advertisments