Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 'sorry this function has been disabled'

'sorry this function has been disabled'

London.Embankment@googlemail.com

If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?
(I am using a similar site but not this exact site)

(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
different web address)?

Els

> If you go to this website:
>
> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
>
> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
> this?

Use Firefox...

> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Maybe disable JavaScript?

Then again, what's the problem with typing your address in it? You're
not going to insert 100s of addresses automatically, are you?

[alt.html.critique snipped from groups - this is not a request for a
critique]

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

BootNic

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1a121e14-0d07-48a1-a28e-
(E-Mail Removed):

> If you go to this website:
>
> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
>
> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
> this?
> (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
>
> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
>
> Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
> different web address)?

It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

--
BootNic Tuesday February 5, 2008 10:54 AM
Why is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least

Els

BootNic wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1a121e14-0d07-48a1-a28e-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
>> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
>>
>> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
>> this?

[snip]
>> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

> It can be done with the keyboard.
> Ctrl + v for paste
> Ctrl + x for cut
> Ctrl + c for copy
>
> It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
> click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
> then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
IE does not paste anything into the field.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

London.Embankment@googlemail.com

> It can be done with the keyboard.
> Ctrl + v for paste
> Ctrl + x for cut
> Ctrl + c for copy
>
> It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
> click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
> then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

Neither of those work on this site: 'function disabled' (or similar
message)

BootNic

Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1b97jzx5m9mgk$(E-Mail Removed):

> BootNic wrote:

[snip]
>> It can be done with the keyboard.
>> Ctrl + v for paste
>> Ctrl + x for cut
>> Ctrl + c for copy
>>
>> It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
>> after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
>> dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
>> appear.

> That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
> IE does not paste anything into the field.

IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
versions.

--
BootNic Tuesday February 5, 2008 11:30 AM
When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are

Els

BootNic wrote:

> Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:1b97jzx5m9mgk$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> BootNic wrote:

> [snip]
>>> It can be done with the keyboard.
>>> Ctrl + v for paste
>>> Ctrl + x for cut
>>> Ctrl + c for copy
>>>
>>> It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
>>> after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
>>> dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
>>> appear.

>> That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
>> IE does not paste anything into the field.

> IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
> versions.

IE7 on XP Home here.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Jim Moe

On 02/05/08 08:09 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> If you go to this website:
>
> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
>
> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
> this?
>
> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Turn off Javascript.

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

Jeff

Els wrote:
> BootNic wrote:
>
>> Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:1b97jzx5m9mgk$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> BootNic wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
>>> IE does not paste anything into the field.

>> IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
>> versions.

> IE7 on XP Home here.

Doesn't matter. The textfield has this: onpaste="return false;"; IE6
has the same handler.

FireFox apparently doesn't. The onpaste handler is new to me. I'd use
it if it had a FireFox equivalent, although certainly not for that purpose!

As others have suggested, turn off javascript.

Jeff

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> If you go to this website:
>
> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
>
> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
> this?
> (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
>
> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Why? The browser police will get you?

Has MS-specific javascript, disable javascript and paste away!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO