Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problems forwarding email containing pictures

Problems forwarding email containing pictures

HLS

I have noticed that when I try to forward an email which contains a picture
(cartoon, etc),
the picture is stripped from the forwarded mail. (Windows Vista)

Can anyone tell me what setting to change to stop this?

Thanks

olfart

"HLS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IG_pj.7160$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>I have noticed that when I try to forward an email which contains a picture
>(cartoon, etc),
> the picture is stripped from the forwarded mail. (Windows Vista)
>
> Can anyone tell me what setting to change to stop this?
>
> Thanks

do a search for "Vista Porn Filter"

HLS

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "HLS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:IG_pj.7160$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>>I have noticed that when I try to forward an email which contains a
>>picture (cartoon, etc),
>> the picture is stripped from the forwarded mail. (Windows Vista)
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what setting to change to stop this?
>>
>> Thanks

> do a search for "Vista Porn Filter"

Thanks...
This is also happening to a friend, but I am not sure what operating system
she is using.
Nor what security software.

I have suspected that security controls of some type may be causing this but
have not
yet found the key.
Appreciate your input.

Baron

HLS wrote:

> I have noticed that when I try to forward an email which contains a
> picture (cartoon, etc),
> the picture is stripped from the forwarded mail. (Windows Vista)
>
> Can anyone tell me what setting to change to stop this?
>
> Thanks

That seems to be the norm nowadays. If I forward such a mail then I
re-attach the item. Then again I don't use HTML mail, only plain text.
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

HLS

"Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> That seems to be the norm nowadays. If I forward such a mail then I
> re-attach the item. Then again I don't use HTML mail, only plain text.
> --
> Best Regards:
> Baron.

As nearly as I can tell from the setup windows, both HTML and text mail
allow you to send pictures.
Is there a preference for one or the other?

Baron

HLS wrote:

> "Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> That seems to be the norm nowadays. If I forward such a mail then I
>> re-attach the item. Then again I don't use HTML mail, only plain
>> text. --
>> Best Regards:
>> Baron.

> As nearly as I can tell from the setup windows, both HTML and text
> mail allow you to send pictures.
> Is there a preference for one or the other?

With HTML you can embed the pictures. With plain text you have to
attach them. Other than that its your choice.

By the way there are often web beacons embedded in HTML, these can be
used to keep tabs on you!
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

HLS

"Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fod1o2$3lo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HLS wrote:
>

>> "Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> That seems to be the norm nowadays. If I forward such a mail then I
>>> re-attach the item. Then again I don't use HTML mail, only plain
>>> text. --
>>> Best Regards:
>>> Baron.

>> As nearly as I can tell from the setup windows, both HTML and text
>> mail allow you to send pictures.
>> Is there a preference for one or the other?

> With HTML you can embed the pictures. With plain text you have to
> attach them. Other than that its your choice.
>
> By the way there are often web beacons embedded in HTML, these can be
> used to keep tabs on you!
> --
> Best Regards:
> Baron.

Thanks, Baron.

After I asked that stupid question I researched the issue and found that
what you say
is very true.

I changed my email to text, and tried to send pictures, and it seems to work
okay.
I will learn, with time and experimentation.

Best regards