Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET and RSS Weather Feeds

ASP.NET and RSS Weather Feeds

Craig M

Our current intranet site displays the weather with a 7 day forecast. We
have to manually enter all the weather info into a SQL DB using a web front
end, but would like to use an RSS feed.

All of the feeds I've found on the web are only 2-3 day forecast. Does
anyone know if there are any RSS weather feeds with a 7 day forecast? Or
any alternative solution?

Thanks.

Craig

Kevin Spencer

The National Weather Service and NOAA provide weather data in all sorts of
formats. For a start, here's a link to the NOAA/NWS RSS Library:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/rss/

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Chicken Salad Surgeon
Microsoft MVP

"Craig M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e6ymE5%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Our current intranet site displays the weather with a 7 day forecast. We
> have to manually enter all the weather info into a SQL DB using a web
> front end, but would like to use an RSS feed.
>
> All of the feeds I've found on the web are only 2-3 day forecast. Does
> anyone know if there are any RSS weather feeds with a 7 day forecast? Or
> any alternative solution?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Craig

siccolo

On Feb 5, 6:57*am, "Craig M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Our current intranet site displays the weather with a 7 day forecast. *We
> have to manually enter all the weather info into a SQL DB using a web front
> end, but would like to use an RSS feed.
>
> All of the feeds I've found on the web are only 2-3 day forecast. *Does
> anyone know if there are any RSS weather feeds with a 7 day forecast? *Or
> any alternative solution?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Craig

not RSS feed and not 7-day forecast, but www.weather.com also has XML
data feed....For example, I'm using weather.com service to call it
from SQL Server stored proc.