Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Lan Password

Wireless Lan Password

Sam1011

Hi,
I am trying to set up a password for my home wireless network. so we can
stop other people from getting to ours without us knowing.
Can someone please list for me some options I can choose to help me put a
password on my wireless network.

3.00 GHZ
XP Home SP2
Belkin 4-Port Wireless G Router

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Run web utility to access the router and the setup wireless security, for
example WPA2. Then setup wireless on the windows. This link may help.

How to configure wireless conenction in Windows XPHow to configure your
wireless connection in Windows XP. Click Start and right click on Connect
To, click Open. Right-click the wireless connection and ...
www.wifimvp.com/howto/setwireless1.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Sam1011" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am trying to set up a password for my home wireless network. so we can
> stop other people from getting to ours without us knowing.
> Can someone please list for me some options I can choose to help me put a
> password on my wireless network.
>
> 3.00 GHZ
> XP Home SP2
> Belkin 4-Port Wireless G Router