Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to Remove "My Old Disk" file

How to Remove "My Old Disk" file

David

A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Desk Rabbit

David wrote:
> A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
> system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now
> the new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
> I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

Google My Old Disk Structure

Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for My Old Disk Structure. (0.07 seconds)

David

"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> David wrote:
>> A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
>> system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now
>> the new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
>> I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.
>>

> Google My Old Disk Structure
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for My Old Disk Structure. (0.07 seconds)

People asking there not seem to get answers.
If they did I not understanding them.
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
>system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
>new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
>I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

Rename "My Old Disk Structure" to something else, if nothing complains
- delete it.
--

Oldie but a goodie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNdFQF0LMu0

why?

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:37:27 GMT, David wrote:

>"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> David wrote:
>>> A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
>>> system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now
>>> the new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
>>> I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.
>>>

>> Google My Old Disk Structure
>>
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for My Old Disk Structure. (0.07 seconds)

>People asking there not seem to get answers.

It's generally a problem with the questions.

>If they did I not understanding them.

Then post a URL to a site, say where you didn't understand the notes.
Guessing what you didn't understand is a bit difficult.

The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
anything special with a particular recovery.

Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.

Got the Windows Explorer bit, you mentioned Start / Explore, which is
close enough.

If you don't need any files from 'My Old Disk Structure' you could
delete it, do a backup then delete it, ignore until you need the disk
space back.

Keep it until you are sure you don't need any files or settings from
there.

>Regards,
>David
>
>Please reply to News Group

Me

David

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
>>system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
>>new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
>>I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

> Rename "My Old Disk Structure" to something else, if nothing complains
> - delete it.
> --

Will do but this still leaves me with how do I delete it?
I try now and it fails.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

David

"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news.

> The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
> Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
> or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
> anything special with a particular recovery.
>
> Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.
>
> Got the Windows Explorer bit, you mentioned Start / Explore, which is
> close enough.
>
> If you don't need any files from 'My Old Disk Structure' you could
> delete it, do a backup then delete it, ignore until you need the disk
> space back.
>
> Keep it until you are sure you don't need any files or settings from
> there.

The PC did not come with orginal discs, thought they did not do that these
days but as supplied from factory held on Pc.

Recovery was done pressing F10 several times at start up, and then you given
choose of 3 recovery ways. A non destructive recovery, a recovery which
returns pc to as supplied and this third one which returns it to as supplied
but programmes/data that have been put in are in this My Old Disk Structure.
Ok most of this gone but bits are remaining.

They start to delete and transfering to Recycle Bin can be seen to start
then it stops.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
>>>system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
>>>new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
>>>I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

>> Rename "My Old Disk Structure" to something else, if nothing complains
>> - delete it.

>Will do but this still leaves me with how do I delete it?
>I try now and it fails.

When your really ready to remove it, use Killbox
http://killbox.net/ - you would introduce it to the directory and it
will delete it on the next bootup.
http://killbox.net/help.html
--

David wrote:

> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news.
>>
>> The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
>> Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
>> or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
>> anything special with a particular recovery.
>>
>> Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.
>>
>> Got the Windows Explorer bit, you mentioned Start / Explore, which is
>> close enough.
>>
>> If you don't need any files from 'My Old Disk Structure' you could
>> delete it, do a backup then delete it, ignore until you need the disk
>> space back.
>>
>> Keep it until you are sure you don't need any files or settings from
>> there.
>>

> The PC did not come with orginal discs, thought they did not do that
> these days but as supplied from factory held on Pc.
>
> Recovery was done pressing F10 several times at start up, and then you
> given choose of 3 recovery ways. A non destructive recovery, a recovery
> which returns pc to as supplied and this third one which returns it to
> as supplied but programmes/data that have been put in are in this My Old
> Disk Structure. Ok most of this gone but bits are remaining.

OK, that is excellent and detailed information. So it is a recovery
method provided by the manufacturer of your computer and you ran it and
it produced this folder you are enquiring about. Now, to make sure I
don't go over the same ground, what did the manufacturer say about this
problem when you spoke to them?

what did the manufacturer say about this
> problem when you spoke to them?

Not spoken to them, do not think I can now anyway.
Got the F10 info from manual which is the basic I quoted. Think it said PC
Angel for its recovery programme.

--
Regards,
David