Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Office 2007 (Word)

Office 2007 (Word)

Jim McCARDLE

In word 2007 under options there is a setting for how to save your
files, select word 2003 as the default. The options tab is at the
bottom of the dropdown on the icon at the top left corner of the
screen.

Jim McC http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:33:14 GMT, "PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Old Codger wrote:
>>>>

>>> Use Open Office instead?

>> That is a good suggestion. People who share documents shouldn't use MS
>> Office beyond 2003. Besides the issue of the incompatible default .XML
>> format, we haven't even started talking about the problem of the
>> incompatible fonts and the impact of the incompatible fonts on font
>> metric manifestations.
>> I am forwarding on documents not using Word to compose them
>> MS is so completely hungup on its proprietary world that it chooses to
>> be incompatible with the rest of the world, as if everyone should
>> immediately go buy some new computers and Vista and Office 2007.
>>
>> Instead of that, people should *not* buy computers with Vista installed
>> and should *not* try to share docs created with Office 2007.
>>
>> If you are going to share docs, use Open Office (or alternatively Google
>> docs) to create them. If the shared docs don't need shared editing but
>> just viewing and/or printing, then save them as .pdf from OO.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Easter

PWB

"Jim McCARDLE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In word 2007 under options there is a setting for how to save your
> files, select word 2003 as the default. The options tab is at the
> bottom of the dropdown on the icon at the top left corner of the
> screen.
>
> Jim McC (E-Mail Removed)

I didnt see the option at the bottom till you said about it . Thanks