Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How can I view 3g2 files?

How can I view 3g2 files?

MaryL

A friend sometimes sends 3g2 files from her cell phone. I was able to view
them on my old computer (Compaq running Win XP) by clicking on the link in
her email. That would open Quick Time. However, I just got a new Dell 530
desktop computer with Vista, and I have not been able to correctly install
Quick Time. Each time I do, I get a Windows error message that says it will
"inform" me if the error can be corrected. (Sorry...I failed to note the
exact words.) When I click on the link in email, it launches Windows Media
Player, but Media Player does not recognize 3g2 files.

Can anyone suggest a way I can view these files -- or provide a way to avoid
problems with Quick Time? All other programs have installed quickly and
without any problems. Quick Time did pop up with a message that it needed
to use some files that were in use by another program, but the Windows error
immediately popped up over that message and I would get the Windows error
message several times.

Thanks,
MaryL

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"MaryL" <(E-Mail Removed)-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

>A friend sometimes sends 3g2 files from her cell phone.

First they are 3GP files, google for that. And VLC will play them, but
I can't get any sound, so I just use Media Player Classic.
--

Oldie but a goodie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNdFQF0LMu0