Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > EMTEC USB Sticks.

EMTEC USB Sticks.

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn

These are Sold by Harvey Norman.

They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.

The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
1Gig model.

http://www.emtec-international.com/e...ss_gamme=C150B

I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..

Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

Jason Clinton

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:17:32 +1300, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>These are Sold by Harvey Norman.
>
>They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.
>
>The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
>1Gig model.
>
>http://www.emtec-international.com/e...ss_gamme=C150B
>

>I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
>before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
>of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..
>
>Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

Do the generic Win98SE USB Mass Storage Drivers work?

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:07:47 +1300, Jason Clinton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:17:32 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>These are Sold by Harvey Norman.
>>
>>They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.
>>
>>The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
>>1Gig model.
>>
>>http://www.emtec-international.com/e...ss_gamme=C150B
>>

>>I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
>>before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
>>of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..
>>
>>Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

>Do the generic Win98SE USB Mass Storage Drivers work?
>
>http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

I did not try it as its for some one else's PC even though I run a Dual boot PC and did my tests on
that..

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:07:47 +1300, Jason Clinton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:17:32 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>These are Sold by Harvey Norman.
>>
>>They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.
>>
>>The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
>>1Gig model.
>>
>>http://www.emtec-international.com/e...ss_gamme=C150B
>>

>>I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
>>before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
>>of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..
>>
>>Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

>Do the generic Win98SE USB Mass Storage Drivers work?
>
>http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

Just had a Look at that Link, very Bad support no Uninstall and it asked for me to Remove ALL my USB
2.0 Drivers.

It does not give and help when using USB 1/1 Ports and what driver should I use, V.2.x or V3.x

I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..

If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

Richard

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..
>
> If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
> and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

Licensing perhaps? Using some random USB driver that is someone elses
property isnt something that a company can encourage people to do.

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:35:02 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..
>>
>> If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
>> and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

>Licensing perhaps? Using some random USB driver that is someone elses
>property isnt something that a company can encourage people to do.

I was referring to there brand of Sticks, like the Driver for Stick 1 will not work on Stick Type 2
etc..

Jason Clinton

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:09:15 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Just had a Look at that Link, very Bad support no Uninstall and it asked for me to Remove ALL my USB
>2.0 Drivers.
>
>It does not give and help when using USB 1/1 Ports and what driver should I use, V.2.x or V3.x
>

>I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..
>
>If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
>and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

It worked for me without any problems - it doesn't worry me if you
don't want to use it.

Do a search for Win98SE generic usb mass storage driver and you'll see
a few results

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) did write:

> Just had a Look at that Link, very Bad support no Uninstall and it asked
> for me to Remove ALL my USB 2.0 Drivers.

Do you get the feeling God is trying to tell you to give up on Dimdows 98?