Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Locking down XP laptop to only allowd networks

Locking down XP laptop to only allowd networks

Tim Johnson

I have been unable to locate how to lock down a XP laptop to only be able to
connect our company's AP. I have found the policy entry in Vista under
Network Permision tab. I need to be able to lock the user down in XP. Is
this possible via policy? If not does anyone know of a after market product?
Thanks for any help on this issue.

Pavel A.

"Tim Johnson" <Tim http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been unable to locate how to lock down a XP laptop to only be able to
> connect our company's AP. I have found the policy entry in Vista under
> Network Permision tab. I need to be able to lock the user down in XP. Is
> this possible via policy? If not does anyone know of a after market product?
> Thanks for any help on this issue.

If you have a Centrino wi-fi adapter: look "Mandatory AP" option in PROset.

Regards,
--PA