Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > setting account permissions

setting account permissions

Jakub

How do I set NTFS permissions in Win xp pro64? When I right click on the
folder I have 4 Tabs displayed, but non of them is Security Tab where I can
access Users and assign permissions to the folder based on the User. The
Security Tab is only accessible through registry. How can I access it in Win
Explorer?

Tahnks,
--
Jakub

Max

Select Tools, Folder options from the explorer menu, on the view tab uncheck
"Use simple file sharing(Recomended)" option and press ok.

This is not a 64 bit specific issue, it is by design in windows xp.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...