Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dell Dimension 2200 Desktop

Dell Dimension 2200 Desktop

Derek Lawler

This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this machine, it
is about six years old, maybe more.
I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right one
before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in
advance.
Derek

Rgr

Derek Lawler wrote:
> This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this machine, it
> is about six years old, maybe more.
> I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
> suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right one
> before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in
> advance.

99% of the time it's a CR2032.

Richard

"Derek Lawler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this machine,
> it
> is about six years old, maybe more.
> I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
> suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right one
> before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
> in
> advance.
> Derek

From
http://support.ap.dell.com/support/e...cs.htm#1101572
it would appear to have 3-V CR2032 coin cell.

Go to http://www.dell.com/
Support, find your product, Manual, Technical Specs

chuckcar

"Derek Lawler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this
> machine, it is about six years old, maybe more.
> I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
> suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right
> one before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful.
> Thanks in advance.
> Derek

If you remove the cover (which you will *have* to do to replace it,
unless you want to pay someone $100 to replace a $5.00 batter). You will
see a watch type batter on the motherboard near the power supply. The
Motherboard is the vertical circuit board on desktops. Unplug the
computer before you open it and remove the battery. Just don't touch
*any* chips. Removing it will have no effect on the computer as that
battery is dead anyways.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Derek Lawler

Thank you Roger, Richard and Chuckcar. I should have been able to find that
on my own, duh. Now to get to work.
Regards, Derek