Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VS2005 Assembly problem

Reply
Thread Tools

VS2005 Assembly problem

 
 
Vp
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2008
Hi

I was runing my PC with VS2005, recently I have installed VS2008,
all of sudden my VS2005 started giving me error like
Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or
one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have uninstalled VS2008, VS2005 and reinstall VS2005, problem remain
same. I tried to install Asp.net V2.0.05727 using Aspnet_regIIs -i,
but problem still there ? is there any solution ?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Manish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2008
Hi,

Most probably you have a different version of the System.EnterpriseServices
assembly in the global cache. Or you don't have it at all.
You need to add the 2.0.0.0 version to the GAC.
In order to do that just drag the file a
"<windows_directory>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0< your_subversion>\System.EnterpriseServices.dll"
to the "<windows_directory>\assembly\" folder.

Before that just check the properties of the file to be sure it has the
appropriate version number.

Regards,
Manish
www.ComponentOne.com


"Vp" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was runing my PC with VS2005, recently I have installed VS2008,
> all of sudden my VS2005 started giving me error like
> Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices,
> Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or
> one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> I have uninstalled VS2008, VS2005 and reinstall VS2005, problem remain
> same. I tried to install Asp.net V2.0.05727 using Aspnet_regIIs -i,
> but problem still there ? is there any solution ?
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Siedle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2008
Hi

I've run into the same problem. I didn't install any new applications, or do
anything different, just logged in this morning and ran my web app and got
the same error you mention above.

I've tried aspnet_regiis -i, no luck

I've run the repair op for .NET2.0, no luck

I've tried dragging and dropping EnterpriseServices.dll into
C:/Windows/assembly, but that seems to fail (screen refreshes but assembly
doesn't show up in the list).

I stupidly left automatic updates on when I reinstalled windows recently, so
could this be related to a recent update?

Thanks
Mark



"Manish" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Most probably you have a different version of the System.EnterpriseServices
> assembly in the global cache. Or you don't have it at all.
> You need to add the 2.0.0.0 version to the GAC.
> In order to do that just drag the file at
> "<windows_directory>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0< your_subversion>\System.EnterpriseServices.dll"
> to the "<windows_directory>\assembly\" folder.
>
> Before that just check the properties of the file to be sure it has the
> appropriate version number.
>
> Regards,
> Manish
> www.ComponentOne.com
>
>
> "Vp" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I was runing my PC with VS2005, recently I have installed VS2008,
> > all of sudden my VS2005 started giving me error like
> > Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices,
> > Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or
> > one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
> >
> > I have uninstalled VS2008, VS2005 and reinstall VS2005, problem remain
> > same. I tried to install Asp.net V2.0.05727 using Aspnet_regIIs -i,
> > but problem still there ? is there any solution ?
> >
> >
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assembly name pb in test mode for web site in VS2005 WT ASP .Net 1 05-07-2006 05:04 AM
Problem calling assembly which references another assembly from an asp page christianhaynes@hotmail.com ASP .Net 3 03-03-2006 04:52 PM
vs2005 - "given assembly name or codebase was invalid" error dbuchanan ASP .Net 0 12-09-2005 12:53 AM
Referencing assembly from GAC using @assembly fails Brent ASP .Net 1 01-23-2004 08:23 PM
can a strongly named assembly reference a regular assembly? Prasanna Padmanabhan ASP .Net 1 11-19-2003 06:21 AM



Advertisments