Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Live Messenger

Windows Live Messenger

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I have someone who's sending me a rather large video file. He was going to mail
me a CD with it on it but since time is of the essence he wrote and told me he
has Windows Live Messenger and gave me his user name. Problem is, I have no idea
how to access the file. I downloaded WLM assuming I also had to have it
installed. But I still can't figure it out. He's in Australia, a good 12 to 14
hours behind ( or ahead of me) timewise so I haven't been able to ask him and I
need to get the file. Can anyone offer any help as to how I find this file so I
can download it? Thanks.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>I have someone who's sending me a rather large video file. He was going to mail
>me a CD with it on it but since time is of the essence he wrote and told me he
>has Windows Live Messenger and gave me his user name. Problem is, I have no idea
>how to access the file. I downloaded WLM assuming I also had to have it
>installed. But I still can't figure it out. He's in Australia, a good 12 to 14
>hours behind ( or ahead of me) timewise so I haven't been able to ask him and I
>need to get the file. Can anyone offer any help as to how I find this file so I
>can download it? Thanks.

Never used WLM, would never trust it.
http://www.pidgin.im/ should so what you want, it should do WLM but
under it's conditions.