Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Driver Problems

Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Driver Problems

Chad

Has anyone experienced issues with the 64-bit driver for the Wireless
Intellimouse Explorer 2.0? When connecting the mouse through a USB to P/S2
adapter, the mouse behaves erradictly. The cursor jumps ramdonly and the
functions assigned to the thumb buttons spontaneously activate. After
plugging mouse directly into USB socket, mouse performs normally.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I don't use an Intellimouse, but it sounds like the USB to PS2 adapter is
the problem more than anything else. That wouldn't surprise me - they're not
all that great in most cases. I'd just switch to using USB, and if you
really don't have a spare USB socket, just add a USB hub.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone experienced issues with the 64-bit driver for the Wireless
> Intellimouse Explorer 2.0? When connecting the mouse through a USB to
> P/S2
> adapter, the mouse behaves erradictly. The cursor jumps ramdonly and the
> functions assigned to the thumb buttons spontaneously activate. After
> plugging mouse directly into USB socket, mouse performs normally.

Chad

I have used the same mouse and adapter for over two years without a problem,
to include XP Pro and Vista 32-bit. The problem started after upgrading to
Vista 64-bit and using the most recent 64-bit drivers (6.2) from Microsoft.
I have also switched out the mouse with an identical and re-sync'ed with the
wireless base and the problem still exists. The problem is most likely from
the drivers.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> I don't use an Intellimouse, but it sounds like the USB to PS2 adapter is
> the problem more than anything else. That wouldn't surprise me - they're not
> all that great in most cases. I'd just switch to using USB, and if you
> really don't have a spare USB socket, just add a USB hub.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone experienced issues with the 64-bit driver for the Wireless
> > Intellimouse Explorer 2.0? When connecting the mouse through a USB to
> > P/S2
> > adapter, the mouse behaves erradictly. The cursor jumps ramdonly and the
> > functions assigned to the thumb buttons spontaneously activate. After
> > plugging mouse directly into USB socket, mouse performs normally.

Charlie Russel - MVP

well, in either case, if it works from a USB port, and doesn't with the
adapter, then use the USB port.

I have personally become far less sanguine about assuming that it isn't
hardware. But I've also become pragmatic. If it works one way, and doesn't
the other? I use the way that works. If and when there are new drivers, and
you want to try them? fine. But in the mean time, we haven't seen any
reports here of IntelliMirror being any worse than it always has been.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have used the same mouse and adapter for over two years without a
>problem,
> to include XP Pro and Vista 32-bit. The problem started after upgrading
> Vista 64-bit and using the most recent 64-bit drivers (6.2) from
> Microsoft.
> I have also switched out the mouse with an identical and re-sync'ed with
> the
> wireless base and the problem still exists. The problem is most likely
> from
> the drivers.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> I don't use an Intellimouse, but it sounds like the USB to PS2 adapter is
>> the problem more than anything else. That wouldn't surprise me - they're
>> not
>> all that great in most cases. I'd just switch to using USB, and if you
>> really don't have a spare USB socket, just add a USB hub.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Has anyone experienced issues with the 64-bit driver for the Wireless
>> > Intellimouse Explorer 2.0? When connecting the mouse through a USB to
>> > P/S2
>> > adapter, the mouse behaves erradictly. The cursor jumps ramdonly and
>> > the
>> > functions assigned to the thumb buttons spontaneously activate. After
>> > plugging mouse directly into USB socket, mouse performs normally.

JDB69

After looking through this discussion, this problem is widespread and seems
to have to do with wireless or optical, which I have, mouse. I see it very
well in PSPX & in MS Office. What it looks like to me is that the mouse
pointer is offcenter. You point at something to click and the click goes to
what ever is above or below or next to what you are clicking. I'm going to go
back to regular mouse and see what happens. This is probably one of those big
little problems that nobody is to concerned about.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> I don't use an Intellimouse, but it sounds like the USB to PS2 adapter is
> the problem more than anything else. That wouldn't surprise me - they're not
> all that great in most cases. I'd just switch to using USB, and if you
> really don't have a spare USB socket, just add a USB hub.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone experienced issues with the 64-bit driver for the Wireless
> > Intellimouse Explorer 2.0? When connecting the mouse through a USB to
> > P/S2
> > adapter, the mouse behaves erradictly. The cursor jumps ramdonly and the
> > functions assigned to the thumb buttons spontaneously activate. After
> > plugging mouse directly into USB socket, mouse performs normally.

Jim Compris

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> well, in either case, if it works from a USB port, and doesn't with the
> adapter, then use the USB port.
>
> I have personally become far less sanguine assuming but I've also become
> pragmatic. If it works one way, and
> doesn't the other? I use the way that works. If and when there are new
> drivers, and you want to try them? fine. But in the mean time, we
> haven't seen any reports here of IntelliMirror being any worse than it
> always has been.

Wow, an amazing composition at its best!