Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE7 and images

IE7 and images

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Els wrote:

> Samuel van Laere wrote:
>
>>> Firefox is different from mine then. It says file size is 0
>>> bytes. What does yours say?

>> I use Firefox 2.0.0.11
>> The image properties of the URL i've provided are:
>> Width: 600px
>> Height: 450px
>> Filesize: 24.88 KB (25476 bytes)

> Just to be sure, you provided this url:
> http://www.oukje.nl/fotoalbum/foto.php?id=25
>
> You must be talking about an entirely different image though.
> The only image I'm seeing (still!) is the surfboard bottom left.
> To be 100% exact, this image:
> http://www.oukje.nl/afbeeldingen/bs.gif

Firefox reports (in Page Information) when accessing the image using
that stand-alone URL:

The image ´http://www.oukje.nl/afbeeldingen/bs.gifˇ cannot be displayed,
because it contains errors.

Using the full page URL, I see the image in IE6, Firefox, and Opera.
With IE6, if I allow JavaScript, the page (full URL) fails to load.
<shrug>

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Vista

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Allodoxaphobia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:56:32 +0100, Els wrote:
> > Samuel van Laere wrote:

> >> Strange yes.
> >> Under Firefox it just displays fine and also the image properties are
> >> correct.

> > Your Firefox is different from mine then. It says file size is 0
> > bytes. What does yours say?

> I see no 'image' in konqueror, Firefox, Opera, or wine/IE6.

Nor in Safari, iCab and for the first time in years, MacIE5
crashed (and crashes every time it tries to access this url (but
no other). It crashes by simply quitting as if something is
frightening it too much even to stay present.

--
dorayme

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 03 Feb 2008 17:17:38 GMT
Adrienne Boswell scribed:

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
> news:Xns9A3966AD9A08Cnanopandaneredbojias@85.214.9 0.236:
>>
>> Did I happen to mention that IE sucks?

> And I'll add another hundred or so IE sucks!
>

>> Now that we got that straightened out, let me add that Firefox sucks,
>> too, although not as bad. Lots and lots of persistent bugs/errors
>> which should have been straightened out a long time ago. Hell, it
>> doesn't even render html and xhtml the same; there are (unique) bugs
>> in its xml parser.
>>
>> Opera's the best of the lot. They've done a lot of fixes over the
>> past year or so, surpassing Mozilla in overall excellence of
>> operation. It would be my default browser if I could just customize
>> the top "bars"/chrome the way I want to.
>>

> Opera is my default browser. One of the reasons is I CAN customize it
> anyway I want. Have you checked out setups and menus available at Opera
> Community?

No. I should do that. It just seems so...depressing.

> The only thing I really miss is Opera has no Skypilot or
> Pimp Mozilla skin - I like those.

'Bout the only add-on I use is "developer". Prefer a bare-bones browser
with _lots_ of client-area.

--
Neredbojias
Riches are their own reward.

Blinky the Shark

Els wrote:

> Samuel van Laere wrote:
>
>>> Firefox is different from mine then. It says file size is 0
>>> bytes. What does yours say?

>> I use Firefox 2.0.0.11
>> The image properties of the URL i've provided are:
>> Width: 600px
>> Height: 450px
>> Filesize: 24.88 KB (25476 bytes)

> Just to be sure, you provided this url:
> http://www.oukje.nl/fotoalbum/foto.php?id=25
>
> You must be talking about an entirely different image though.
> The only image I'm seeing (still!) is the surfboard bottom left.

So that's what that is.

> To be 100% exact, this image:
> http://www.oukje.nl/afbeeldingen/bs.gif

That's all that I'm seeing here, too. FF 2.0.0.3 Linux.

> I seriously doubt this one should have been 600 x 450px though, as it
> wouldn't fit in the sidebar if it were that wide.

Agree.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Samuel van Laere

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:l9alj9y0elpj.z003qinqudo9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just to be sure, you provided this url:
> http://www.oukje.nl/fotoalbum/foto.php?id=25

Correct, yes.

> You must be talking about an entirely different image though.
> The only image I'm seeing (still!) is the surfboard bottom left.
> To be 100% exact, this image:
> http://www.oukje.nl/afbeeldingen/bs.gif
>
> I seriously doubt this one should have been 600 x 450px though, as it
> wouldn't fit in the sidebar if it were that wide.

Correct. There should be two images present on that page.
The Blindsurfer logo (that isn't 600 x 450px) and a photo that could be
600x450px in size.

> This is also the very image I did see in IE7, but which was not
> available in IE6, when you had the CSS disabled still.
> (it is available in IE6 now)

If all is right now then IE, FF, Opera should display everything fine when
it comes to images.
I've never found out what the problem was, I did a fix in the script
tried it and it did not work, so I went back to the old situation
and uploaded it again. Seems to work, while the only thing I did was
uploading
the script twice (once with the "fix" and again after fixing the "fix")
I probally will never know.

> There is no other image on the page in either IE6, IE7, or Firefox
> here.

I should note that I was working on that very page at the time.

Cheers,
Sam