Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WD passport not recognized

WD passport not recognized

José Silva

Hi.
I have a WD Passport external HD, and when connected under Vista 32 is
properly recognized. The connection is via USB 2.0.
When I connect it under Vista 64, it starts hunting for drivers, doesn't
find any, either locally or online, and it does not show on Explorer.
This also happens with a flash drive Sandisk U3 Contour, recognized under
Vista 32, not recognized in Vista 64.
Thanks
José

steveonan

Hey,

I'm having the same problem with 2 ext hdd's and mp3 players, help is
appreciated.

Thanks

steveonan

Hi,

As stated before, I was having similar trouble. usb hdd not working,
remote, mp3, etc. Reinstalled Vista with all devices attached, and
everything works right now! May help your situation as well.

"José Silva" wrote:

> Hi.
> I have a WD Passport external HD, and when connected under Vista 32 is
> properly recognized. The connection is via USB 2.0.
> When I connect it under Vista 64, it starts hunting for drivers, doesn't
> find any, either locally or online, and it does not show on Explorer.
> This also happens with a flash drive Sandisk U3 Contour, recognized under
> Vista 32, not recognized in Vista 64.
> Thanks
> Jos

José Silva