Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: ASP.NET problem after installing W2K SP4

Re: ASP.NET problem after installing W2K SP4

Alex Kilpatrick

"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> We are having problems with our ASP.NET applications on two servers that
> have been upgraded to service pack 4. Neither are domain controllers, just
> regular servers, both running Windows 2000 Server.
>
> We are getting the error below when we attempt to connect.

[snip]

This may have something to do with it:

Rad

If it's a domain controller, then it's the IWAM account that needs this
particular privilege (SeImpersonateUser). Of course, that's a general
answer.. technically correct answer is -- the account used in <processModel>
needs this privilege ("machine" = IWAM_... on a domain controller with
framework 1.1)

That should do it.

news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > We are having problems with our ASP.NET applications on two servers

that
> > > have been upgraded to service pack 4. Neither are domain controllers,

> just
> > > regular servers, both running Windows 2000 Server.
> > >
> > > We are getting the error below when we attempt to connect.
> > >

> > [snip]
> >
> > This may have something to do with it:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=821546

> Yes we saw the same KB article.
>
> We ended up installing SP4 on the domain controllers, then granting the
> everyone group access to the new impersonation privilege to get thing back
> working until we can find a permanent solution. Not a good idea of course
> to give them this, but our sites were down so we had to act as quick as
> possible to get them back up. We've recommended our clients that are
> running W2K server (and ASPX apps) not install SP4 until we can figure

this